Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Connected Sat Nav — TomTom Community

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Connected Sat Nav

Mick123456Mick123456 Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited January 31 in Built in car navigation
Hi I have a 2016 ( Sept) Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Flair with Tomtom connected sat nav, when I say connected that means its connected to my iphone as long as I have Bluetooth and Hot Spot turned on I get upto date traffic and speed cams ( that took dealer 2 weeks to sort out), my question is will i still get traffic info in France as my telephone is with three who dont allow tethering in France?

Many thanks

Mick

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,349 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Mick

Welcome to the community:)

Unfortunately, your built-in device is not supported by TomTom, We offer services and map but for support related questions I would advise you to please contact your car dealer.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Maciej07Maciej07 Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi Mick,
    If in your car no ConnectBOX (BTA) - to use TomTom online services in other country internet connection in your smartphone is necessary.
    On line services consume around 40MB by monthly.
    Regards,
    Maciek
  • Mick123456Mick123456 Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks to Vikram and Maciek for the replies although I do find it strange that I have a TOmtom device in my car and Tomtom dont support it
    Thanks again
    Mick
  • capersstroudcapersstroud Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    The SatNav part of the system is by TomTom, but it's included as part of the package along with the Entertainment, Voice Recognition, Phone Integration. I suspect that TomTom is licenced to the company that supplies the whole package to Citroën. It's really down to Citroën to supply the support. However, they do have a habit in the UK of sending you off to the previous provider of SatNav to get rid of you.

I use a USB 'mifi' device in the car - therefore I can just shove a cheap sim into it when overseas appropriate to the country. Within a year, thanks to EU regulation, you will be able to use your normal data allowance overseas with no surcharge.
    Many thanks for the very usefull information much appreciated

Mick
  • mildenhallmildenhall Posts: 42 [Legendary Explorer]
    If you have a Connect Box as part of your car (the falir model has it as standard) TomTom traffic alerts will be downloaded via the SIM built into your car. You shouldn't need to tether your phone via bluetooth. If you do however, you probably haven't configured your car to "authorize sending information". Citroen do a nice PDF that tell you how to do that. Google for citroen-connect-navin-car-process.pdf. I have a copy of it too if you can't find it.
    Many thanks Mildenhal but my Flair does not have a connected box.

After a recent trip to France Three do now allow tethering there :)

Mick