Syncing route MyDrive to gps device

deejay1
deejay1 Registered Users Posts: 35
Outstanding Wayfarer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
recently i have tried to send destination to device through mydrive and sync to 5200. system said syncing successful however when i opened gps, destination was not there and i have to search again on gps manually.

so how this actually works? to sync you have to have gps with wifi signal on? it does not sync automatically through gprs when wi-fi not close by? where this destination will show up?

thanks

Comments

• dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    Are you logged into MyDrive on your device?
  • deejay1
    deejay1 Registered Users Posts: 35
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    no i was logged in mydrive on my pc to send destination to my device then i turned on gps in my car and i thought destination will pop up.......what do you mean to loggin into mydrive on gps?

destination should pop in automaticaly once you turn on gps no?
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,382
    Superuser
    Not unless the cloud on the device (when in the menu screen) does NOT have an 'X' through it. And it will have the 'X' if you haven't logged into MyDrive on the device. (Menu-->Settings-->MyDrive)
  • micos91
    micos91 Registered Users Posts: 4
    New Seeker
    My 520 device says that is logged in and is connected to the hotspot (used all my hotspots, the internet isnt the issue). And since recently, my decice wont receive the route and destinations i sync with MyDrive (the app is updated and the device is also up to date)

Any sugestions?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @micos91

You have to be logged into MyDrive on your PC to create destination and send but your GO520 has to be logged in to your account as well to receive it.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap MyDrive

Does you r GO520 show that it is logged into the account. Bottom right of screen will say Stop Sync if it is connected.. If your GO520 is logged into your Wifi and connected to your account it will sync . If you are out of Wifi range you will have to have your GO520 connected to your Phone as you do to get Traffic Data.

Doug
  • bluemando
    bluemando Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    I'm trying to sync a route from mydrive.tomtom.com to my VIA 1525SE, but I can't see how to transfer it. On the website it says it will sync when I log into my device using my TomTom account, but I've tried that a couple times & it doesn't seem to help. I've also tried logging into MyDrive Connect, but I also don't see the route there. I will greatly appreciate any advice on how to get this route onto my device.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    edited February 15
    Hi
    @bluemando
    Welcome to the site....
    On the Via1525....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services... Are you logged into MyDrive ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • bluemando
    New Seeker
    @YamFazMan
    Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I didn't understand what the response was supposed to mean. What menu am I supposed to be checking? There are 3 places I've been checking to transfer the route to my Via 1525: 1) the "https://mydrive.tomtom.com/" website (where I created the route), 2) the "MyDrive Connect" app on my computer, & 3) my Via 1525. In the website, after I created the route I see a button that says "Sync this route as a track with my devices". I clicked that button to sync the route with my Via1525, but I don't see anywhere how to make the sync actually happen. I'm assuming there is somewhere I need to go in either the website or the app to make the sync happen, but I just can't see it. I will greatly appreciate any instructions on where in the website or the app I need to go to actually sync the route with my Via 1525. Thanks!
  • bluemando
    New Seeker
    @Willy875 Thank you for the link to the manual. I was finally able to figure out what was wrong. As you & @YamFazMan indicated, I still needed to connect my GPS to MyDrive through the unit itself. When I did that the route I created showed up. Thank you both for the help!