Traffic on old app 1.27.1. Still not working — TomTom Community

Traffic on old app 1.27.1. Still not working

FeekFeek Posts: 41 [Outstanding Explorer]
I've upgraded to the recent 1.27.1 version of the real TomTom app but sadly traffic still isn't working for me. I still just get the spinning wheel and "Updating Traffic"

More concerning, when I go to the TomTom Shop and then Traffic I get the following message:

"Products are no longer available in your region".

And I'm unable to Restore my purchases, I get the spinning wheel and "Restoring" but it never completes.

Comments

• Garth123Garth123 Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    same here
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Feek,

Where do you see the message? If Did you go to Shop - TomTom Traffic? you indeed get this message as it's no longer possible to renew the service.

However, I can see that you have a running subscription so it should work now. Can you restart you phone and try again, please?

Cheers, Mikko

Update: We're investigating why the TomTom Shop is not showing any subscriptions.
    ' If you go to Shop - TomTom Traffic you indeed get this message as it's no longer possible to renew the service.'

I thought this didn't happen until sepetember?
    Hi Garth,

Sorry, my bad. I amended my comment above. The one month subscription should still be available.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi Mikko,

Restarted phone and can confirm:

Tomtom shop on app:

All subscription info for speed cameras is as usual (mine valid until 31st May)

No subscription info at all for Traffic , only "Products are no longer available in your region" message (restore purchases does not change anything)
    Working fine now
  • FeekFeek Posts: 41 [Outstanding Explorer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi Feek,

Where do you see the message? If Did you go to Shop - TomTom Traffic? you indeed get this message as it's no longer possible to renew the service.

However, I can see that you have a running subscription so it should work now. Can you restart you phone and try again, please?

Cheers, Mikko

Update: We're investigating why the TomTom Shop is not showing any subscriptions.

I've just been for a twelve mile drive into town and back. I restarted my phone before I left and again before I came home.

I still get "Updating traffic" and no traffic showing. Now when I go into the shop, I can see that there's a 1 month sub available to buy but I can't restore my purchase. It just sits on "Connecting to TomTom server" and doesn't go any further.

ae28949d-75b9-41a5-be6b-14cbe661aa12.png

4e0f3391-bd40-4693-8a07-962d90ea5fcf.png
  • Jeroen100Jeroen100 Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I've just updated to the new version and traffic information is working again. I was also able to purchase an additional month in the TomTom shop.
    H Feek,

Can you log out and in again, please?

Should that not help you sort this out you can reset the app or re-install it. Please note, that you'll loose your personal settings doing this, unless you have them backed up [user manual].

Cheers, Mikko
    MikkoK wrote:
    H Feek,

Can you log out and in again, please?

Should that not help you sort this out you can reset the app or re-install it. Please note, that you'll loose your personal settings doing this, unless you have them backed up [user manual].

Cheers, Mikko

I just deleted and reinstalled the app - No difference, exactly the same as above.
    I've been able to revert back to v1.26.1 and I have traffic again. It's not my phone, the app still doesn't appear to be fixed.
    Hi Feek,

I'm sorry to hear you're still suffering of this! We haven't received any new reports of this issue since the fix was release so I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for you. I'd recommend you to contact Customer Service. They'll be able to get to the bottom of your issue and assist you accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko
    Apologies for the delay in replying. For some strange reason, it's taken customer support two weeks to re-enable my forum account which was mysteriously disabled.

I was able to find the old version, reinstall, update to 1.27.1 and traffic did come back.
    Hi Feek,

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted! :D

We were having some general login issues, which probably prevented you from logging into the forum. These have now been resolved :D

Cheers, Mikko
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0