TomTom Runner3 don't connect with TomTom Sports Connect

KevinTomTom
KevinTomTom Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi to all!

I install last update for TomTom Sports Connect, now it have version 3.2.5 (Mac OsX El Capitan)
After install this update, the main page of app says "Connect the dispositive TomTom" and below "connect your TomTom to Computer". since all ok.

i connect my TomTom Runner 3 to my computer via usb as usually. The display of watch shows battery charging and below TomTom/123 (as usually) BUT after 2-3 sec back to home screen (show the time). The app TomTom Sports Connect don't show nothing, still " connect your TomTom..."

So i trying again with other usb port of my macbook, reinstall the app TomTom Sports Connect...still no work, the watch don't charging....the result is the watch is out of the battery and i don't have other computer to trying something/recharging the watch...

so in fact this moment my Runner 3 is death, i need it work and alive for my lap running tomorrow morning!

BEFORE the update of TomTom Sports Connect, the watch connect and charging with no problem!

Someone can help me?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    Look at the charging cable and make sure none of the pins are deformed or bent in. Two are for charging and two are for data so it will charge even when it cannot connect. If they are damaged you can pull them out with a pin and call Customer Support to get a new one. Otherwise call Customer Support and they can walk you through the computer settings to diagnose other connection issues. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • KevinTomTom
    Master Traveler
    I buy runner 3 exactly one month ago! The cable look NEW...same the pin looks new...
    i send one email to tom-tom, hope my question be fix as fast as possible...because i'm frustrated about it, one month...
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    If you want it fixed quickly, take a direct approach and call them. Emails are easily ignored and can sit in a queue for days or weeks.
  • KevinTomTom
    Master Traveler
    i cannot use the phone. However tomorrow i go to store where i buy it, for me this is best way. I'll update this thread what happening, because i see in forum i don't alone with this problem with the new version of app TomTom Sports Connect.

Thank for reply, however. :)
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    The store will not be able to help you beyond returning the watch to them, unfortunately,
  • KevinTomTom
    Master Traveler
    This morning i was at store, i explain my problem, they say: i try use my cable and Runner 3 to connect the computer's store. WORK!! i can't believe why with my Mac don't work...
    after thanking man of the store, i back to home and try again to connect it to my mac....WORK!!

i have no idea...the mystery of technologic...lost one day of training...the positive side is nothing of big issue, only bad joke of technologic...

Thanks however for your help tfarabaugh!
    have a nice day!
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    I am happy to help and am glad it eventually sorted itself out. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.