iOS GO Mobile: Over Speed warning (audio alert request) — TomTom Community

iOS GO Mobile: Over Speed warning (audio alert request)

PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 378 [Supreme Pioneer]
In the original iOS app, the over speed warning makes a sound (Settings | Alerts | Speed Limit ON/OFF) and you can also select a sound (I use Beep 5).

On iOS GO Mobile, if you drive less than 5 km/h or 3 mph over the speed limit the speed panel turns orange and if you drive more than 5 km/h or 3 mph over the speed limit the speed panel turns red. However, it is difficult to notice the change in colour.

What we need is an audio warning that continuously alerts during the over speed, that has an option for the user to switch on/off and a wide range of alert sounds for the user to choose from.

This might seem a minor thing but I find an audio over speed alert very useful (especially on unknown roads) and it helps the driver to keep their eyes on the road.

Comments

• Alster53Alster53 Posts: 24 [Legendary Explorer]
    It does have an audio warning for over speed limit. Mine does anyway!! Check in settings "warning type" & "safety warnings" hope this helps. Alan
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 378 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for the information. I found the following settings:

Settings | Sounds & Warnings | Warning Type | Read aloud warnings/Warning sounds/Visual only

Settings | Sounds & Warnings | Safety Warnings | When Speeding | Always/Never

My GO Mobile was set to:
    Warning Type = Warning sounds
    When Speeding = Never

I have now set My GO Mobile to:
    Warning Type = Read aloud warnings
    When Speeding = Always

NB The manual states that Read aloud warnings gives you both spoken warnings and warnings sounds, whilst Warning sounds only gives you warning sounds.

Thanks for your reply. I shall go out later and test the new settings.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 378 [Supreme Pioneer]
    OK, I've been out and tested the overspeed.

For some reason there was initially no sound at all from GO Mobile (no instructions or anything) so I rebooted iPhone and that fixed it.

Yes, the over speed audio warning works - but can we have the option to choose the warning sound?

Thanks,
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0