TomTom Sports Connect for Linux

13»

Comments

• Sweetcol
    Sweetcol Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you cromat! I'm running in ubuntu 20.10. The app only work running as root. As user the watch could not connect.
  • Tom.R
    Tom.R Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi, can't get this to work in Pop! OS 20.10 :( First time I've failed and I've updated a bit.

Can anyone make a flatpak of Sports Connect? If we could get a flatpak and a snap with the dependencies contained within it then it'd be future proof and we'd know our watched will work natively on our machines.

I'll look into it myself but it'll be my first go :)
  • Roberg73
    Roberg73 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Really pleased to see Sports Connect on Linux. I was lucky it installed really easily on my desktop PC running Ubuntu 17.04.
    Getting it working on my laptop was a little more difficult as Sports Connect depends on an old version of a library that is not part of Ubuntu 17.04
    The following commands run before installing Sports Connect got things going:
    wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/215074266/libgstreamer0.10-0_0.10.36-1.5ubuntu1_amd64.deb
    wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/185267586/gstreamer0.10-plugins-base_0.10.36-2_amd64.deb
    wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/185267581/libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0_0.10.36-2_amd64.deb
    sudo dpkg -i libgstreamer0.10-0_0.10.36-1.5ubuntu1_amd64.deb
    sudo dpkg -i libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0_0.10.36-2_amd64.deb
    sudo dpkg -i gstreamer0.10-plugins-base_0.10.36-2_amd64.deb

On my chromebook I was able to install the application. It basically runs debian 10 (buster) in a container. I just followed above instructions and installed all the missing deps throught apt. Additionally I needed to install libxslt1.1 as well.

But then I found that I can't connect the watch to the USB container. Chromebook doesn't allow to map the device, I think because it doesn't allow flash drives to connect directly to Linux containers. The flag that could help would be chrome://flags/#crostini-usb-allow-unsupported, but that has disappeared in the latest updates of chromeos.

If someone managed to get it working on a chromebook, please let me know.
  • Roberg73
    Roberg73 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    iron_mike wrote: »
    Hello all,

I am encountering a problem with the installation of this software in debian 8.
    In particular, when I try to install the *.deb package I get the following message

dpkg: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 40499 package 'tomtomsportsconnect':
    missing maintainer
    dpkg: warning: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/control' near line 10 package 'tomtomsportsconnect':
    missing maintainer

Any idea what the solution to this problem can be?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Mike

The package doesn't have the maintainer field, but you can add that to /var/lib/dpkg/status. Look up package tomtomsportsconnect in the file and simply place a name and e-mail address after Maintainer:

Installed-Size: 120
    Maintainer: TomTom <[email protected]>
    Architecture: amd64

And that message will go away.
  • tescrihuela
    tescrihuela Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Worked fine with my TomTom Runner 3 on Ubuntu 20.04 with cromat's tutorial. Just had to install multiarch-support.