Spark 3 with external cardio monitor and Heart Rate Training Zones

konstantin.k
konstantin.k Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi
I found that "5 Heart Rate Training Zones" is not listed in Spark 3 Base model features. And the spec for running\cycling activity doesn't mention external hrm or ability to track heart rate.
Is it possible to track heart rate by connecting external hrm to base model? And if so, Is it possible to receive heart rate zones alerts for running\cycling activities, display current zone, average or current hr, etc.?

Comments

• southward
    southward Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    Yes, you can use an external heart rate monitor with the TomTom Spark 3(not Cardio). I bought the basic watch and connect via Bluetooth to a Scosche Rhythm+ heart rate monitor. I get heart rate readings in Bike and Run mode, including Heart Rate Zones.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Press down from the clock and go to Sensors>Heart and set it for External. Make sure the strap is on and active when you go to start an activity and it will find it. You will get full HR functionality as long as it is getting an HR signal.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • kristiank
    kristiank Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    This also works for the Spark 3 Cardio.
    Go down to the Sensors Menu, click right into Heart and then down two times so that "External" appears. If a compatible BT hear rate sensor is nearby and on, then this Sensors menu offers 3 positions: Off, On, External... when Off = Off, On = Internal HR sensor, External = well, you guessed it ;) It works flawlessly with my Scosche Rhythm+.
    When there is no external HR sensor nearby, the Sensors menu only offers ON and OFF position.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    It always offers external, it will just not find one if one is not broadcasting nearby.