Why is MyDrive giving a detour? — TomTom Community

Why is MyDrive giving a detour?

jpb1904jpb1904 Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
I am planning a nice motocycle route across the Alps via a pass between Austria and Italy, but MyDrive gives a big de-tour. Is this because the pass is closed today?

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi jpb1904,

That might indeed be. If there's a temporary closure, you should see it in the map.Can you post a screenshot of it and/or a link to the route, please? That would help us look into this

Thanks, Mikko
  • jpb1904jpb1904 Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    The spot with the star is the Timmelsjoch, which is a high pass in the Alps. I was there last year in June and there was snow there. So I think it's closed now.

Last year I had the same trouble in the Dolomites, near Refugio Auronzo. TT kept giving a detour, but when I drove there, the road was open and now snow to be seen.
    Hi jpb1904,

Thanks for coming back!

Is it this one?

https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/#mode=search+viewport=46.90911,11.0658,13+search={"input":"Timmelsjochstraße, 6456 Sölden","coords":[46.92131,11.05306]}+ver=2
    d543e4fc-7aff-4110-aa0f-18aa5197885a.png

There's indeed a temporary closure in place there.

Cheers, Mikko
  • jpb1904jpb1904 Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    Yes that's what I thought. How do you see the closure signs, because I don't see them.
    Hi jpb1904,

Are you looking at MyDrive or your device? In MyDrive Traffic is shown by default but you might have turned it off from the settings. On the navigation devices and apps Traffic is shown for a radius of 120 km around your GPS position.

Cheers, Mikko