TomTom Sports-> Strava/Runkeeper/MyfitnessPal/Endomondo >iOS Health — TomTom Community

TomTom Sports-> Strava/Runkeeper/MyfitnessPal/Endomondo >iOS Health

skoteroverallskoteroverall Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi, just like I stated in topic.

I know that there is no support for direct sync between TomTom and Ios Health.

However, have any of you manage an indirect feed from TomTom to Health?

I currently have linked TomTom with Strava, Runkeeper, MyfitnessPal and Endomondo and TomTom training sessions are visible in those apps on my Iphone. However, they will not be synced over to Ios Health. The training sessions I complete using Strava, Runkeeper, MyfitnessPal and Endomondo, the are properly synced. But, not the ones coming from TomTom into these apps.

Anyone with more success?

/M

Comments

• skoteroverallskoteroverall Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Added also Nike+ to my apps.

A BREAKTHROUGH!
    Today I registered GYM session using my TOMTOM watch. When I synced it to phone it synced as usual to all above apps.
    However, Strava also synced this over to IOS Health app. =)

I will keep monitoring this behaviour and see how it progresses.
  • feelthhisfeelthhis Posts: 25 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Yes, Strava can be used as a gateway from TomTom to Health.

In another thread, someone had the same question, and maybe this can be helpful to others with similar problem:
    feelthhis wrote:
    Maybe this helps:

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917527-Health-App-Integration-iPhone

TomTom can be configured to automatically upload to Strava, so in theory (using the link above) you could then upload from Strava to Health App. The data chain would be as you suggested: TomTom -> Strava -> Health.

Again, in theory (I have not tested that myself).
  • skoteroverallskoteroverall Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes, I have now put theory to practise.

After a week of using all these apps I can conclude that Strava is the only app that syncs TomTom->Strava->IOS Health.
  • RobirisRobiris Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Maybe you can use the app SyncMyTracks it syncs almost every app. Since today even syncs from Strava to the TomTom app.
  • soolhingsoolhing Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    there's a third party app on iphone read the Steps on Apple Health, i found that Tom Tom Sport doesn't allowed write data to Apple Health. so the steps do not update on Apple helps. Please support this case.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,575
    Superusers
    soolhing wrote:
    there's a third party app on iphone read the Steps on Apple Health, i found that Tom Tom Sport doesn't allowed write data to Apple Health. so the steps do not update on Apple helps. Please support this case.
    That is a question for apple as to why they will not grant access to TomTom to write to Appel Health. The issue is not on TT's side with exporting the data, it is with Apples's with accepting the data.