GO Mobile for Android version 1.15 GPS lock — TomTom Community

GO Mobile for Android version 1.15 GPS lock

cruiZercruiZer Posts: 58 [Prominent Wayfarer]
Quite frequently the map starts to spin, app freezes or TT seems to be lost an has before recalculating it gives wrong direction.
Looks like an issue with GPS??
This problem occurs mostly, but not always near a complex situation like a highway with on and off ramps (and bridge)
Stopping for while makes causes problems too.

Never had this problem with any previous version.
Anyone with the same issues?

Comments

• EddepetEddepet Posts: 50 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Same issue here when waiting for a red traffic light for more than a minute.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

Thanks for reporting this!

Please, report this to Customer Service. They'll be better able to get to the bottom of this and assist you accordingly.

Thanks, Mikko
  • cruiZercruiZer Posts: 58 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    @Mikkok,

I've sent an email to support. I know you just follow company policy but I would like to make a suggestion anyway....

In this thread 2 people have the same issue. In other threads I've read likely related info.
    Sure all those users can start emailing support but I'm not so sure that's the best way to handle bugs.

First of all TT gets a lot of support requests they have to waste time on to answer.
    If I was a developer I would like a more 'full story' so to speak.
    Not a few fragmented complaints but a whole story with related complains packed into one.
    It might be much easier for the programmers to find a bug that way.

It also removes the need for useless communication with standard questions like: Did you reboot? Do you have a virus? Have downloaded the latest map?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi cruiZer,

Valid points! However, please keep in mind that this is a user forum geared towards users helping other users. While forum Staff, such as myself, monitor the forum and also report emerging issues and other feedback to the product teams, we don't have the resources to do extensive troubleshooting to drill down to a specific issue. Customer Service is trained to do that. They will of course start with the basic troubleshooting measures, which should never be neglected, but if you tell them what you've already done, your case can be handled quicker. Customer Service also logs all contacts so that we do indeed get the big picture as well as the details logged in the cases :D

Cheers, Mikko