Bandit Action Cam randomly switches off after full charge — TomTom Community

Bandit Action Cam randomly switches off after full charge

RinodhRinodh Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
Hi, I just purchased a brand new Bandit Action Cam, and I fully charged(all 4 leds lit up) the batt-stick via my laptop USB port. However while making use of the device for approximately 15 minutes, it just turned off, and refused to power up again, the leds on the batt-stick also refused to light up upon pressing the star button. I then put the batt-stick to charge again, and after a few hours it only managed to get up till 2 leds of power with the third led flashing(whereby previously from dead it took just over 2 hours to fully charge), regardless of this, I installed the batt-stick into the camera where the battery status shows as 100%, but will still turn off randomly and not power up again, unless I charge the batt-stick for a few minutes(battery status on camera will show 90%), and then the whole process repeats.

Kindly advise on steps to take going forward.

NBxxxxBxxxxx
NCxxxxAxxxxx

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on public forum!

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,189 Moderator
    Hi Rinodh,

Welcome to the Community & sorry about the delay in response!

I would advise you to get in touch with our customer support and they'll be able to help you further in this case.You can click on the 'Contact us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Also please provide them with the software version number of your TomTom Bandit camera to investigate further.

Regards,
    lampard
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Master Traveler]
    Also I would not use a laptop's USB port as it gives only enough charge to turn the device on. If you have access to a normal USB charger try it there. It may not be getting sufficient charge from the laptop