Spent more paying for data than what i paid for map trying to download map

Why wont the map I bought download??? I bought a Europe map and have been trying for 2 days to download the map without success. Everytime the download fails. And everytime I try to uninstall the corrupted map on the device it immediately starts downloading the map again without giving me any options.

I have now spent more money on buying data trying to download the map than what I paid for the map. This is very disappointing!!!

Comments

• Jennifer_AJennifer_A Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have now tried 6 or 7 times to download the map and at 91% the download reset to 0% and start again. How is this possible???
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,521 Superuser
    @Jennifer_A

Contact Customer Services to clear the server side process so that you can start afresh, they will also aid you with setting up a better transmission of the map to your device.

CS South Africa
    0800 980670
    Monday-Friday: 10:00 to 19:00
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • kevonkevon Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    HI, I had the same problem. I use kerspersky security. I have to remove it every time I do an update or load maps ect. For some reason it interferes with the process.IT always works quickly and with out problem when it has been removed. Maybe try removing your security just for this. Worth a try.
    Thank you for the information Niall and kevon however im not spending more money on this map. The internet expenses already cost me more than the price of the map. Internet is expensive in africa. I will just have to write this off as a bad expense. I wanted to use my TomTom in europe as I planned to rent a car there to get around. Guess i'll have to rent a TomTom / Garmin from the car rental company
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,521 Superuser
    @Jennifer_A

If you are taking a compatible laptop with you to Europe, then it will be worthwhile getting Customer Services to clear the queue as you could then update your device using the hotel's (free/included) WiFi ;)
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    Hi Niall

I do not take my laptop with me to Europe, its just too heavy, uncomfortable and cumbersome dragging a heavy 17" laptop along during the whole trip from Johannesburg to Europe., and i have a problem keeping it safe when traveling in a car, everytime i park i have to drag the heavy laptop with me when i go exploring. I only take my Android smart phone with, i can do a lot with it including internet banking, accessing the internet etc.