MySports Cloud — TomTom Community

MySports Cloud

fredzfredz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
So I have the Golfer 2. My scorecard displays nicely on my MySports iOS app. But how can I send it to the cloud? When I go to http://mysports.tomtom.com, no scorecards are displayed at all. I thought the iOS app uploads it automatically to the cloud?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,143 Moderator
    Hi Fredz,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, there is no way to view Golfer statistics on the MySports website. You can only view the stroke analysis, rounds and shot distribution or pattern on the MySports App.

Regards,
    lampard
  • fredzfredz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks lampard. Funny tomtom call this a cloud... you can only upload to it, but can't access it - not on the web and not even in the app if you reinstall your phone and forgot to take local backups of the data files.
    Quite disappointing- really, in 2017.

I can't even find a way to share the results with others via e-mail or chat...
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,903
    Community Manager
    fredz wrote:
    Thanks lampard. Funny tomtom call this a cloud... you can only upload to it, but can't access it - not on the web and not even in the app if you reinstall your phone and forgot to take local backups of the data files.
    Quite disappointing- really, in 2017.

I can't even find a way to share the results with others via e-mail or chat...
    At the moment Golfer 2 is not using the cloud. It is only storing the rounds on your phone. We are in progress of moving to use the cloud to have a safer storage. I have no information if there are plans to use the TomTom Sports website.
  • TreputtTreputt Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Does this mean that if you change smartphone the data stored in the app is lost?
  • JariBJariB Posts: 55 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Unfortunately it does. There is however a workaround backing up the files from phone manually and upload them back to the new phone, again manually. There has been some hints that this would change in the future and the data would be stored in the cloud instead. I can't understand why this is like this in a first place this is anyway year 2017.

I'm also really disappointed to all the development of the product. There are many required features missing or not working as you assume they should work. And no updates...
  • TreputtTreputt Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks JariB. Hope a real cloud feature is in the pipeline soon. Before I got the watch I used the Golfshot app on my smartphone. There you get everything on all units, including the web. Very convenient interface but too much trouble to pick up the smartphone all the time.