Runner 2: fail to connect with pc

gjc66
gjc66 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I bought the item about a week ago and all this time everything was fine. Suddenly today the watch could not connect to my pc (pc does not recognise it as a unit) although the dock functions well for charging. Tomtom.sports.connect doesn't connect either. Also, while charging the device, the battery sign goes of and it shows, as a small sign, over the am/pm indicator on th watch screen. Looking forward for advise or any sollution proposal. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. It could be any number of things from a bad dock (two pins are for charging, two are for data transfer, see if any of them are bent or deformed) or a Windows setting (it may have updated and changed something) to a problem with the watch itself. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • gjc66
    Apprentice Traveler
    As you suggested, I made contact with customer service and they adviced that we should try a new cable, which is about to be delivered to me. So all I can do is wait for now. I'll notify the results.
    Thank you very much for the reply.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • gjc66
    Apprentice Traveler
    Customer support sent me a new cable (dock) that solved the problem.
    Thanks for all the help.
    How do I mark your answer as a solution?