Buying Advice - Go 620 or 6200? — TomTom Community

Buying Advice - Go 620 or 6200?

JimJayJimJay Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,All

I live in Bulgaria (one of those countries permanently stuck on "75% coverage" ;) ) and drive mainly in non-UK countries.

I'm tossing up between the Go 620 and 6200 but I'm not at all sure that the extra functionality offered by the 6200 is worth the extra cost in my case. I don't use data on my mobile, just calls and SMSs, and the Traffic function is probably not a major attraction for me in the countries I mostly visit.

So my question is basically: are there other factors (speed of reaction, longer "Lifetime" or whatever) that makes the extra cost a no-brainer?

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,012
    Superusers
    Then go for the 620. The 6200 has the built-in SIM and you wouldn't need your own data. However...having said that, even if you are not that keen on traffic info (which can save you a lot of time in certain scenarios), you would not receive mobile speedcam locations either, only the fixed ones. But again, if you drive around in countries where the TomTom Traffic service is not available yet, it is not a major issue to you either.
  • JimJayJimJay Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks, Zsolt - that's certainly the direction I'm thinking of :)

I am assuming that I can connect the TT to my car's Bluetooth system, so that it will interrupt the radio/music when the TT needs to talk to me, and that it would be best to use the TT as my handsfree option, so that I don't get the situation of the phone and TT fighting for who gets to use the car's Bluetooth at any given moment. Obviously, I'd prefer to hear directions when I'm driving, even if I'm on a call...or am I wrong in assuming that the TT can handle an outgoing Bluetooth connection as well as an incoming one?
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,012
    Superusers
    The BT is only for the handsfree. Wouldn't connect to the car audio, nor would interrupt for directions.