Transferring voices purchased from old to new standalone Sat Nav — TomTom Community

Transferring voices purchased from old to new standalone Sat Nav

kpsearsonkpsearson Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 27 in Travel lounge
Does anyone know if I can transfer voices I've purchased through the Tom Tom website from an old to a new Sat Nav device? I can't find this information anywhere and am considering an upgrade at the moment. Thanks.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,568 Superuser
    @kpsearson

It is unlikely that this is possible at the moment, as the only way to get new voices onto a NAV4 device is via a download from TT's servers after a purchase. But see what Customer Services might offer; if the voices you have on your current device were recently purchased and you purchase a new device directly from TomTom.

CS United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • kpsearsonkpsearson Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the info. When I phoned, Customer Services said on the number answerphone system that they don't offer support for my old Sat Nav as it's more than 5 years old, so looks like I'll have to start again. :(
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,568 Superuser
    @kpsearson

Try calling again but use the name of a potential device that you might buy
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"