Rider 40 Map Problem — TomTom Community

Rider 40 Map Problem

Brett GPBrett GP Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited January 11 in RIDER
Hi, I just upgraded to the Latest Australia Map on my TomTom Rider 40. As soon as I have put it on I am getting issues. It works fine for a few mins, then suddenly the screen goes black, then shows a picture of the world (like a word map). Then half hr later the map will start working again, but then repeated stops and starts with the black screen and picture of the map. I have seen a similar forum questions a few days ago. TomTom said to that person that it was a map error with Australia Map and the Oceanic Map would fix the issue. Can someone from TOMTOM please respond so I can have the Oceanic Map placed on my account or if there is another way to fix this please. At the moment this Rider 40 is unusable now. Or how do I get my previous map again that did work.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Brett,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, this is an issue with the latest software. We're working hard to find a solution as soon as possible. This issue seems to mainly happen with the latest Australia map and I've assigned the Oceania map for your account and you can install it with MyDrive Connect. You can use your device with this map until we find a proper solution to this.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you!

Cheers, Mikko
  • MackiesgMackiesg Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi Mikko,
    I am also having this issue. Could you add the Oceania map to my account too please.

Thanks in advance,
    Scott.
    Hi Scott,

I've assigned the Oceania map to your account you can now install it with MyDrive Connect :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • Paul.R.F.Paul.R.F. Posts: 99 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mikko, why are people still getting the corrupt map update. Wouldn't it be better if the Oceania map was assigned as an update instead of the 9.85?
    Hi Paul,

Not everyone is, luckily, affected by this. Unfortunately, the issue is also not only with the Australia map. Therefore we'll rather deal with these cases individually so that we can better asses the impact and get more info about it. A massive action doesn't seem to be warranted at this point.

Cheers, Mikko
  • FiftyFifty Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Can you please assign the Oceania maps to my account too please as I have now wiped the Australia 9.85 map because I was having the same problem on my Rider 400
    Hi Fifty,

I've assigned the Oceania map to your account and you can now install it with MyDrive Connect :D

I also noticed your Lifetime Services hadn't activated properly. I asked a technician fix it for you :D Your device will be linked again to your TomTom account with MyDrive Connect when you download the map.

Cheers, Mikko
  • FiftyFifty Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi Mikkok,

thanks for your help although I still can't find the Oceania map in Tomtom MyDrive Connect. Is it supposed to be in "My content" ? Or I do find it some where else ?

thanks
    Hi Fifty,

Sorry about that. I don't know what went wrong but now the map is there for you :D

Cheers, Mikko