Stop/starting issues on the Start 25 device

I have been using my start 25 for several years without issue. I am a confident user.
Recently the device has started asking to be connected to the computer, when connected to the car cigar lighter socket power supply.
This occurs every time I switch off and restart the engine. As I regularly make short deliveries, it requires me to press the accept to connect to the computer before displaying the last instruction.
Why is it doing this now, have I downloaded a bug with the last update???

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    It seems it is not getting enough power from the car anymore. Either an issue with the cable or the cig lighter outlet. When the device gets .5A input (what a computer provides), it thinks the connection is to a computer. A car provides over 1A output.

So, can you try a different cable or a different powerpoint outlet in the car?
  • Roger44Roger44 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    dhn wrote:
    It seems it is not getting enough power from the car anymore. Either an issue with the cable or the cig lighter outlet. When the device gets .5A input (what a computer provides), it thinks the connection is to a computer. A car provides over 1A output.

So, can you try a different cable or a different powerpoint outlet in the car?

But surely once the car is running the power should return to full 5v and the tomtom should automatically reconnect and run normally, but it doesnt, it stays locked on the connect to computer message until I switch it off.
    in these days when you cant touch mobile devices, this is not a safe feature to have.
    And also why is it now doing it, it never used to. TOMTOM must have made a sw change.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    No, hardware fails over time. Cables too.