New TomTom Sports app v3.0 available for download — TomTom Community

New TomTom Sports app v3.0 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new v3.0 of the TomTom Sports app and it's available for download in Google PlayStore and Apple AppStore.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
  • View your daily active summary every day. There is a new and engaging Daily Summary with your 24/7 activity data on the Latest tab and in a separate Daily Summary page.
  • View your 24/7 activity data per hour every day on the Daily Summary page by tapping on the steps, distance, duration or active time metric.
  • View your daily heart rate on the Daily Summary page by tapping on the heart rate metric.
  • Compare your 24/7 activity data per hour with your daily heart rate to see the impact of your activities on your heart rate throughout the day.
  • We have uploaded default social sharing images for you per sport for you to use if you don't feel like sharing your own picture.
  • We have simplified the social sharing flow to enable you to share with a single tap on a button.
  • We have added easy-to-follow video tips to show you how to easily pair your device.
  • We have added sync and pairing error handling in the app. If an error occurs, we encourage you to leave your feedback in the Sports app so we can help you solve it.
  • You can now view your GPS activities on a satellite map view. On the activity details page, tap the button with 3 vertical dots and select Satellite.
  • We're always working to improve your experience. If you enjoy using the TomTom Sports app and the new features, don't forget to rate it on your Google Play Store or Apple App Store! :D

If you have any suggestions how we should improve, feel free to contact us using the feedback form in the TomTom Sports app. You'll find the feedback form on the Manage tab under Settings.

Happy Sporting! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• MachMach Posts: 89 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    The feedback i poated via the app:
    1. Personal bests are still not implemented correctly. I have no clue (using the tt app) what my 10k, 5k, 1k records are.
    2. Cadence per km is not shown when using the lap mode on the watch (even if i switch to 1km view in the app).
    3. Polish translation is still not entirely ok. What's "wstecz bieg"? These 2 words mean running backwards :D I definitely don't run backwards.
    4. When i look at the summary of laps, i see such caracteristics as: lap number, lap length, tempo, ascend. The ascend thing i don't really care about, especially that it's inaccurate. I' d rather see heart rate instead, but there's no customization option.
    5. Ranges for graphs should be improved - i run 5:00-5:50/km, but graphs start from 3:20 and end at 8:20/km.
    6. Useful Summaries are not available. What's my mileage each week ? - no clue. How many km have i run in March? - no clue.
    7. First day of the week is Sunday? Not in Europe ...
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,190
    Community Manager
    Mach wrote:
    3. Polish translation is still not entirely ok. What's "wstecz bieg"? These 2 words mean running backwards :D I definitely don't run backwards.
    Could you add a screenshot for this one? I cannot find "wstecz bieg" in our translation data base. Thanks! :)
  • icemacicemac Posts: 199 [Legendary Explorer]
    Probobly He was thinking about this - You can see on the screenshot ;)

Trends>Running/Biking> ...

I think it is "previous run" on the same track.

Same description "Wstecz Rover"
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,190
    Community Manager
    icemac wrote:
    Probobly He was thinking about this - You can see on the screenshot ;)

Trends>Running/Biking> ...

I think it is "previous run" on the same track.

Same description "Wstecz Rover"
    Thanks! :)
  • kent davieskent davies Posts: 91 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Great.

Really appreciate that you are updating the app.

Nice to see that satellite view is available again. I still have some issues that I've already reported but will wait to next releases before mentioning them again.

One thing that I'm still experiencing is connectivity issues. Yesterday, I've logged two activities. After finishing one, I've started another.
    When I finished the second activity, I've realized that during the second activity, the watch connected to the phone and the first activity was upload. I've then looked at the watch and the phone icon was showing. I've then pulled the Android status bar and saw that the second activity was being synced from the watch to the device (at this point Sports was not in the foreground). I've opened the app and saw that the watch was syncing. It then stopped and the second activity was shown on the app (phone icon was still visible on the phone). I've pulled down to refresh, sent the app to the background and then to the foreground and the second activity was not visible on the app. I've then force closed the app. When I reopened the app, the app was showing that it was syncing but immediately stopped. At this point, the activity was shown on the device (probably it was previous synced but not shown on the activities list).

Just another thing. When I saw the Daily Summary feature on the change log I went to the phone and I did not have that card. It only appered on the 1 of March. That was the day I was making some test with the sensors/goals of the watch. I've then realized that this Summary was for the sensor/goals and not for all activities.
  • MachMach Posts: 89 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    1. icemac was correct on when I saw the incorrect translation.
    2. I d'like to mention the error with laps again (same error available in ver 1.xx, 2.xx and now in 3.xx). I normally use laps of 2.25km and I sometimes see discrepancies between the lap distance/time in the app and on the web. I've mentioned it before, but no fix till now. Today I used manual laps. On the left is the printscreen from the app, while on the right is the printscreen from the web. The web version is correct. Almost all of my manual laps are shown incorrectly.
    3a12a7c6-7691-4174-818c-8b6b9d29d0e1.jpg
    3. The error with progress bar while downloading activities still remains - the progress bar goes to 25% and never beyond.
    4. There's a strange app behaviour in ver 3.xx. In the past when I entered trends and clicked the upper graph I saw at the bottom the summary of my running time for today, this week, last week and so on. In ver 3.xx when I click on the graph I have to move the graph left and right to see the summary. On the left is the view before I move the graph left-right, while on the right after I've done so.
    59a71ecd-7945-46e0-a1d6-11ae4fd6ed9c.jpg
  • Chris_TChris_T Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    On my new MySports 3.0.0 the lap feature has completely disappeared. I use manual laps twice a week; it is essential . Why has this disappeared and when will they come back or can I reload the old version that has them?
  • TroyVSCTroyVSC Posts: 34 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I asked this in a separate thread but though it is appropriate here too. Where are the seconds in activities that last over an hour?
  • KimberlyDKimberlyD Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Mach wrote:
    The feedback i poated via the app:
    1. Personal bests are still not implemented correctly. I have no clue (using the tt app) what my 10k, 5k, 1k records are.
    2. Cadence per km is not shown when using the lap mode on the watch (even if i switch to 1km view in the app).
    4. When i look at the summary of laps, i see such caracteristics as: lap number, lap length, tempo, ascend. The ascend thing i don't really care about, especially that it's inaccurate. I' d rather see heart rate instead, but there's no customization option.
    5. Ranges for graphs should be improved - i run 5:00-5:50/km, but graphs start from 3:20 and end at 8:20/km.
    6. Useful Summaries are not available. What's my mileage each week ? - no clue. How many km have i run in March? - no clue.
    7. First day of the week is Sunday? Not in Europe ...

Yes! Please, please work on #4! When you do speed workouts, a few seconds difference in a 400 or 800 can result in a per mile pace that looks drastically different...therefore the current app format showing "Distance/Pace/Ascent" under Laps is almost completely useless information. Please allow it to be customized, so that runners can select if they want to see Distance/TIME/Pace/HR as in the old MySports app (screen shot attached). This information is available on the website, but it's so much more convenient to access it from your phone after a run rather than logging on to the computer.