Mazda CX-5 NB1 not creating Loopdir folder — TomTom Community

Mazda CX-5 NB1 not creating Loopdir folder

StefanAStefanA Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 29 in Built in car navigation
Hi, I recently purchased a used 2013 Mazda CX-5, and the navigation mode has never gone past the 'no maps found' screen.

I've gone through this issue with support, and I've searched high and low on the web but I can't find anyone else with the same issue I have. So I'm trying to delete everything off the card, and all the support documentation suggests to place the card back into the cars card slot etc, then once it's eventually back in my PC it SHOULD have a folder called loopdir (which the NB1 device has added). That's the first step everyone is supposed to take, yet that is the step that fails.... leaving me without any other options. :?

Is there ANYTHING I can do? Some kind of hardware resetting of the device, or ability to check if the card is even being read by the device?

TLDR - My NB1 unit doesn't add the loopdir folder to my SD card, which prevents me from completing the next steps to get it working.

Comments

• StefanAStefanA Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Also, another question to possibly help solve the mystery.

If you remove your SD Card, and try to load the navigation on your in car device, what happens? My unit currently says no maps found, make sure the card is in and door closed etc etc. I wonder if it's supposed to do something else, which would mean there's a communication issue between the unit and the card reader. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • SSherwoodSSherwood Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    was this ever resolved and if so how? i am having the same issue with my 2015 mazda 3 and can't find any solutions anywhere.
  • StefanAStefanA Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Unfortunately not, I spent way too long trying to solve this issue so I gave up to save my sanity :(

If you ever figure it out I would love to hear what the issue was.
  • SSherwoodSSherwood Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    that is unfortunate... after finally getting in touch with a tech advisor i found out mazda has gotten away from tomtom and as a result that is why mine would not work. sadly i believe that change took place in 2014. however if you remove your sd card it should say maps: tomtom or something like that if that is where your updates are supposed to come from. where as mine did not and i needed to download mazda toolbox and it read my card right away