Battery problem — TomTom Community

Battery problem

DiegoshDiegosh Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited October 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
When I plug my watch on charger. I can see the progress but the battery doesn't fully charge.
It show the icon of fully charge on few minutes but when disconnect the device the watch has empty battery.

My watch has only one year life.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,528
    Superusers
    Diegosh wrote:
    When I plug my watch on charger. I can see the progress but the battery doesn't fully charge.
    It show the icon of fully charge on few minutes but when disconnect the device the watch has empty battery.

My watch has only one year life.

It might be a firmware issue, so I would try a factory reset and see if that helps. It also could be the dock is bad. Check that none of the pins are bent or deformed and are not making good contact. If it is none of these things I would suggest calling Customer Support and seeing what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Pato76Pato76 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm having the same problem with the battery. I tried to charge the battery in two different docks but nothing happens. I also reset to initial values but unfortunately one you reset the watch download the last firmware then the problem is still there.

Finally the best results charging the battery I got it when I switch off the watch and leave it charging plugged to my PC. My watch is from February 2016 so up today is 15 month old

I hope they can solve this problem ASAP. It's very annoying this situation in a device which costs so much money
  • Pato76Pato76 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    does anyone has an answer for this problem from the technical support? I wrote them a few weeks ago but no answer yet, just silent... I bought this watch thinking it was a "top model" into the market and trusting TomTom is a good brand but I'm having more problems with this watch than a cheap Chinese one

Well done tom tom!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,528
    Superusers
    You should take a direct approach and call Customer Support. Emails can sit in a queue forever or get overlooked, harder to do with a real person. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

As to it being a "top model" the TomTom watches are budget watches (which is why they cost $100 - $200, not $700 like some Garmins and others). For the price they are very good, but the lower price comes with a smaller feature set.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,933 Moderator
    Pato76 wrote:
    does anyone has an answer for this problem from the technical support? I wrote them a few weeks ago but no answer yet, just silent... I bought this watch thinking it was a "top model" into the market and trusting TomTom is a good brand but I'm having more problems with this watch than a cheap Chinese one

Well done tom tom!

I had a quick look at the incident you have started with the customer service and I see a reply has been sent to you today. Apologies about the delay.

Regards
    Vikram
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0