How do you add things to your shopping cart in the South African store? — TomTom Community

How do you add things to your shopping cart in the South African store?

daletowedaletowe Posts: 43 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited January 31 in Travel lounge
There are lots of enticing goodies to buy in the (new?) South African store (https://www.tomtom.com/en_za/drive/accessories/#mountsdocks). Some have prices, some don't, but none of them let you add an item to your cart. I'm keen to buy a Protective Carry Case and some Screen Protectors, but how exactly do I do this? I can click on the picture or the "Details" button for more info, but nowhere is there an "add to cart" or "buy now" option...

Thanks!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    Try calling support when open:

South Africa
    0800 980670
    Monday-Friday: 10:00 to 19:00
  • daletowedaletowe Posts: 43 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Sorry, I don't want to be rude, but I always burst out laughing when contacting TomTom support is suggested as a solution. They have the most crazy hours - something like 10am (who starts work at 10am????) to 4pm or something (i.e. when 99% of us are at work), and the last few times I've tried, I go through to what sounds like a UK call centre, only to be told that there is a 34 minute wait to be helped. Um, yes. I don't think this is the most viable option. Its also probably why this forum is so active ... people will do just about anything rather than try and deal with TomTom support.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    Yes but this is a user forum, not support. We can't sell you products or advise on how to get them.

At the bottom of this screen are a variety of links. Under Support is Contact Us. Select it, make sure your country flag is showing, select your device from the dropdown window and buttons appear including email and phone. Select one to contact support.
    Yes, I understand that. The purpose of asking the question here was in the hopes that a forum member may know of some other way (or place - e.g. a third party website) for South Africans to order TomTom accessories. Or, if TomTom employees frequent the forum, that they may realise that its a bit of a problem that the South African user-community cannot actually purchase the products advertised from sale on the South African TomTom website. It was never my intention to ask the "forum" to sell me products...

As for the support - I do also understand how to locate the South African customer service details. The problem I have is that e-mails sent via the online form are never answered, and if you phone the "South African" support number, you are re-routed to the UK call-centre, where the waits to be served are so long (typically 30 minutes or longer) that I'm not able to hold on long enough to see if they could provide support.

Some months ago (when inquiring about the availability of the GO 6200 in South Africa), and I did actually hold on long enough to get through, someone with an obviously very British accent told me that she couldn't comment on when products would be one sale in South Africa!

Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult, and I appreciate your attempt to help. But the reality is that the "official" channels for receiving TomTom support in South Africa simply don't work, so people are resorting to try and get help here, instead. The vast, vast majority of posts on this forum (not only South African) are support related (how do I do this or that?, or this or that is not working). This proves my point. People are turning to this form, presumably because its either too hard to access official TomTom support, or they are not getting answers...

I will try and send another e-mail.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi delatowe,

Unfortunately, we don't currently sell physical products on the South African website. It works now more like a "shop window" to show what's available, but you'll need to find a retailer who actually stocks the products in your area. I hope we can get a change to this soon!

I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulties contacting our Customer Service. We'll send them a heads-up to get back to you asap.

Cheers, Mikko
    Thank for the feedback Mikko - it will be really cool if TomTom can eventually "enable" direct shopping.