Can't navigate to address from calendar on Android 7 — TomTom Community

Can't navigate to address from calendar on Android 7

digital3540digital3540 Posts: 56 [Outstanding Explorer]
I have another Android 7 on Samsung S7 issue; after upgrading to Android 7 the GO app now has a strange behavior. Before the upgrade I was able to navigate to an address from the Android calendar. The GO started and navigated to the correct address. Now after the upgrade, when doing the same, the GO starts, but cannot find the address and end up in the middle of the south Atlantic see, when I press return the correct the address GO does not respond. After that its now impossible to start GO again, never starts, just showing the spinning wheel. The only way to get GO back, is to un-install and re-install completely, download the map again, and GO works again. Selecting the address manual or from favorites works now. Trying to do the "calendar" trick again the same behavior again. selecting ie. goggle maps from the calendar address works fine.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi John,

Thanks for your report! I moved this to its own topic so that we can better address it and others possible having the same issue will find it easier.

Can you reproduce this with any address in your calendar or just specific ones? Could you give an example of an address with which we could try reproduce this?

Thanks, Mikko
  • digital3540digital3540 Posts: 56 [Outstanding Explorer]
    This can easily be reproduced with different adresses. How do you want the addresses send?
    Hi John,

You can post your examples here. If you rather not post them on a public forum you can also send them to me in a PM.

Thanks, Mikko
    Thanks for the PM, John!

I'll forward this to the product team to look into.

Cheers, Mikko