Speed Cameras don't work on GO Mobile — TomTom Community

Speed Cameras don't work on GO Mobile

Redback007Redback007 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
To whom this concern's while I upgraded my phone from iPhone to an Android, I'm new to tomtom for the mobile phone while the Australian map works to a point there are no speed camera's , red light camera's or any form of info regarding various camera's or traffic info, across not only the state I reside in but across the continent itself. I had a Tomtom Go 400 some years back and the various camera's work then. Please understand mobile data is very expensive in Australia, and just willy nilly usage is not on , I'm on a 1gig data plan per month, so your people should take in this consideration, or your not going to last in this country for data usage. I read thought this forum and others to check various issue to see if I have the setting related to the issue with regards to the various camera’ issue, first I checked the VPN , this is not an issue given the VPN services work’s from within the country the provider does not alter or change data, second I checked the APN both port and proxy are not set. To check to see if various camera’s worked on the android phone with both VPN on/off.I downloaded the TomTom Speed Camera from Google Play store, sure enough the camera’s work on this app but not the Purchased app. very poor start, and first impression is not good.

P.S if the admin need the App ID just ask and I’ll email it.

Android
Huawei: Mate 9

TomTom Version
1.15 release/1.15 (1927)
TomTom GO Mobile for Android

Mobile Provider: Optus

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Redback007,

Welcome to the Community! I moved you post to it's own topic so that we can better address your issue.

Do you receive TomTom Traffic in the app? How does the Traffic connection icon in the main menu look like? Does it have an X next to it? Do you have information sharing enabled in the Settings - System - Your information menu?

Cheers, Mikko
  • Redback007Redback007 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Sorry I didn't get back, the issue seems to have resolve itself after i log out of my account and then login again, did not realise I had to have the cloud section going. Do the various camera's info stay on the my system if I use a route plan and can they be saved also ? The reason is that not all of the east coast of Australia has the best internet connection's depend on provider, so you'll get intermitting connection on your travel's ?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Redback007,

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted! :D

Speed Cameras are not installed on your app but only available when you're connected to TomTom Services.

Cheers, Mikko