Runner 2 Cardio with Samsung S5 Android 6.0 — TomTom Community

Runner 2 Cardio with Samsung S5 Android 6.0

RobfclaRobfcla Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Trying to connect my runner 2 cardio to my Samsung S5 with Android 6.0 using the app Tomtom sports. The app finds the watch and upon connecting the watch provides a pin to pair with the Phone. However, the Phone just keeps on stating 'making connection' and nothing happens. Tried re-install of the app and reset the watch but nothing works,

Please help.

Rob

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,312 Moderator
    Hi Rob,

Welcome to the Community!

We've now released the new Sports App v3.0.1 on Google Play store. Please update the App and follow the steps in public FAQ here to fully un-pair it from your Android device: Troubleshooting the connection between your watch and your Android device

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
    lampard
  • RobfclaRobfcla Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    downloaded the new app on my S5, reset the watch to factory settings and activated it again via TomTom mysports. No result. Keeps showing on the TomTom app it is connecting, but nothing happens. The watch provides the pin but the app does not provide a input field for the pin.

Can you please fix this asap?

Rob
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device)after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: factory reset the watch (which you did), uninstall the app (you can probably skip this as you just installed it), remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app (only if you uninstalled the app), select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RobfclaRobfcla Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Nothing of the above worked. So I installed the app on my wife's S5 Neo with Android 6 and now the watch can pair with the phone. Hence, issue is with my phone specifically or with a S5 in general.

Next month I get the S8. Hopefully it will work fine then.

Thanks for the help.
  • MartyOMartyO Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same issue here with lg k8 350m on android 6.0. Tried all recommended steo above and no resolution