Go Mobile App giving wrong instructions — TomTom Community

Go Mobile App giving wrong instructions

AudioaeroAudioaero Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi - Just wanted to ask if it was only me today when using the IOS Version 1.7 app on my Apple 6 Phone that the instructions were conflicting with the map directions & sending me to do do u turns on Motorways, telling me to go about the wrong way to the exit on a roundabout. Random road junctions being displayed as ext points. As if the road driving was on the right hand side. Also to boot the arrival times were way out.
I was driving so no way to hook up to Wifi & download & also to add insult I was then expected to upgrade halfway through my journey!!

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Audioaero,

Welcome to the Community!

Sounds like there's a problem with GPS reception causing this. Is the app getting a GPS fix? You can see this in the colour of the arrow in driving view. Blue means there's a GPS fix. If the arrow is grey the app is not able to get a GPS fix.

I'd first recommend you to double check that you have Location services enabled on your phone [user manual]. Are you get proper GPS fix with other apps? You could also use a 3rd party app to check the quality of GPS accuracy.

Please, post back here to tell us how you're doing with this so that we can help you further, if needed.

Cheers, Mikko
  • AudioaeroAudioaero Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Mikko,
    Well after Id come back home, I reset the app - uploaded the new updates to the maps & then went through all the settings. Only to discover that the Route Planning was changed to "Walking Route" - therefore it must have gone crazy when I was driving in the car!
    Lesson learned - dont let your kids play with your iPhone! they must have changed teh settings and I did not realise this had happened!!
    I must say when I was using it, during the time it all went crazy - there should be a setting icon change after input of the "lets go" destination to have "walk route " or walking symbol rather than the "drive" icon with the steering wheel - it would have then prompted me to check the settings and avoid thinking nothing had changed.
    Again thanks for your Help & input in trying to fix the issue!!

Will
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Will,

I'm happy to hear you got it sorted! :D

A wrong route planning setting would indeed explain the behaviour you described. The setting at Settings - Route Planning is a permanent one. If you're every once in a while using e.g. walking routes I'd recommend changing it from the Current route menu after planning the route with your default setting. In this way your default setting is not changed.

Please, post back here if you have further questions :D

Cheers, Mikko