My map disappears and is replaced with the 'world' splash screen! — TomTom Community

My map disappears and is replaced with the 'world' splash screen!

RocksterRockster Posts: 3
edited January 11 in RIDER
Hi, I was out riding today with my Rider 400 today when I noticed the map disappeared and was replaced with the TomTom splash screen of the world map but without the TomTom logo (see attached photo) and it wouldn't find where I was. I reset the device (drum roll) and it all came good for few minutes before going back to the splash screen.

When I got home a connected it to MyDrive Connect which said it was all up to date. I also did a reset on the TomTom unit and connected back to MyDrive Connect again. After the reset it did the same thing and I noticed that just before going to the splash screen the screen went black except for four little dots, one in each corner.

When it's in the 'splash screen' condition you can access the menu but it will not find any location so you can't plan any routes etc.

The unit is less than a year old (I purchased it on the 09/08/16).

Is this a known issue? If so is there a fix for it or does it need to go back to TomTom?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers, Paul

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,213 Superusers
    You'll need to call support for advice:

Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Rockster,

Unfortunately, this is an issue with the latest Australia map. We're working hard to find a solution as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, you can use the Oceania map I've assigned to your account. You can install it with MyDrive Connect.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you!

Cheers, Mikko
  • RocksterRockster Posts: 3
    Hi Mikko

Thanks for your quick response.

I've added the Oceania map to my 400 now. I had to uninstall the Australia map to get it to switch to the Oceania map but now it has and all looks good :)

Thanks very much for you help,
    Cheers Paul
  • RocksterRockster Posts: 3
    dhn wrote:
    You'll need to call support for advice:

Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

Thanks dhn, I appreciate your reply :)
    Hi Paul,

I'm glad to hear your device is working now! :D

I'll post back here as soon as I have news about this issue.

Meanwhile, please post back here if you have any further questions.

Cheers, Mikko
  • WedrockWedrock Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I purchased a Rider 400 Yesterday and I am having the same problem with Australian maps - Can you help me
  • FindeFinde Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I'm having the same issue with my Oceania maps. Are you able to apply the same fix to my account?
    Hi Wedrock and Finde,

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering of this issue as well!

I've assigned to Oceania map to your accounts and you can now install it with MyDrive Connect.

@ Finde: You seemed to have the New Zealand v985 installed.

Cheers, Mikko
  • WedrockWedrock Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I have just checked with MyDrive Connect and I don't appear to have any new map available
  • FindeFinde Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    The new map works great. Yes I did, I had installed different maps to see if it was just Australia or if they were all crashing.
    Hi Wedrock,

According to our logs you've already installed the Oceania map. Is that working for you?

@ Finde: I'm glad to hear it works for you :D

Cheers, Mikko