Adding music to my Adventurer watch — TomTom Community

Adding music to my Adventurer watch

Si_deanSi_dean Posts: 19 [Outstanding Explorer]
edited October 2020 in TomTom Adventurer
Ok, so ive seen countless topics covering this question from Looking on google, but i'm still to no avail on this!

I thought it would be a somple case of drag n drop a music file into the tomtom folder whoch shows under my computer when i dock my watch to the computer via usb lead..... in otherwords, just like a standard mp3 player once you drop our mo3 file into the folder it will be there.... or go back to my windows tomtom app and sync but its not looking as simple as that??

So when i click the little music icon it takes me to a page in the app wre it says available playlists, and it only seems to be bringing up quarter of my music albums on my folder.

Yes, i have already gone to advanced settings and specified were to scan for music but like ive said its only picking up a handful of stuff?

Its really strange? At first it was only finding 20 tracks but after a half an hour or so of randomly clicking the refresh button every ao often, its gone from a random 20 tracks to a handful of albums.

I have 4 music albums in question i want to add to my watch.... how on earth do i add these to the watch? Ppl mention about creating playlists?? What playlists..... ive never had to create a playlist in my life when adding music.... just a folder to out my tracks into then drag n drop to music source when i'm ready!

Just to confirm i have 10 individual tracks in 4 folders, and i just want them adding??

Do i need to copy and paste these into the music folder which subsequently shows when i dock my watch to my laptop and open up the tomtom watch on my ://D drive and then hat contains the sub-music folder...... OR, do you not touch this at all and do it all via the app ..... but if so...... HOW?
I'm looking at it now and i cannot for the life of me work out why its not picking up all the other 20GB of music i have on my laptop?? I know my watch can only hold 3GB of music files, but i want all my folders to show so i can pick out which of my music tracks i want to add onto the watch accordingly.

Oh and yes, all the tracks are in the correct .mp3
Format

Comments

• Si_deanSi_dean Posts: 19 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Its ok, i've manage to sort this one out for Myself (finally!)
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,085 Moderator
    Hi Si_dean,

I'm glad to know that you managed to sort this out on your own! I've added the public tags to this post so that other users can find it.

Please post back here if you've any questions/queries about the Adventurer. :)

Cheers,
    lampard
  • Stuart McDonaldStuart McDonald Posts: 759 [Exalted Navigator]
    Si_dean wrote:
    Ok, so ive seen countless topics covering this question from Looking on google, but i'm still to no avail on this!

I thought it would be a somple case of drag n drop a music file into the tomtom folder whoch shows under my computer when i dock my watch to the computer via usb lead..... in otherwords, just like a standard mp3 player once you drop our mo3 file into the folder it will be there.... or go back to my windows tomtom app and sync but its not looking as simple as that??
    Hi You can create a folder of music under the 'Music' folder of the drive that is added to you computer when you connect the watch. The next time you connect the watch to Sports Connect (or when you hit the re-scan music icon on the Music page) that folder of music will be turned into a playlist on the watch. The playlist will appear in Sports Connect named the same as the folder you created.

Si_dean wrote:
    So when i click the little music icon it takes me to a page in the app wre it says available playlists, and it only seems to be bringing up quarter of my music albums on my folder.

Yes, i have already gone to advanced settings and specified were to scan for music but like ive said its only picking up a handful of stuff?
    The 'root music folder' in the advanced settings is only needed for users who do not use Windows Media Player or iTunes to manage their music. It specifies a folder to search below for .M3U/.M3U8 playlist files. These can created by most music managers, but if you are using Windows Media Player or iTunes then Sports Connect can get the playlists directly from them.
    Note that all the folders below the root music folder are searched, so setting it do a top level directory e.g. C: will cause Sports Connect to search every file on that drive for playlist files (which will take a long time). If you are not using .m3u/.m3u8 playlist files you should not set the root music folder.
    Si_dean wrote:
    Its really strange? At first it was only finding 20 tracks but after a half an hour or so of randomly clicking the refresh button every ao often, its gone from a random 20 tracks to a handful of albums.

I have 4 music albums in question i want to add to my watch.... how on earth do i add these to the watch? Ppl mention about creating playlists?? What playlists..... ive never had to create a playlist in my life when adding music.... just a folder to out my tracks into then drag n drop to music source when i'm ready!

Just to confirm i have 10 individual tracks in 4 folders, and i just want them adding??

Do i need to copy and paste these into the music folder which subsequently shows when i dock my watch to my laptop and open up the tomtom watch on my ://D drive and then hat contains the sub-music folder...... OR, do you not touch this at all and do it all via the app ..... but if so...... HOW?
    If you are not using Windows Media Player or iTunes then you can add a new playlist to the watch by
    1. Create a new folder below the 'Music' folder on the watch
    2. Name the folder whatever you want the playlist to be called
    3. Copy music tracks into that folder
    4. Start Sports Connect, or press the rescan music icon on the Music Page
    5. The folder will then appear as a new playlist on the watch
    Note that you can not add tracks to the playlist once the playlist has been created.
    Si_dean wrote:
    I'm looking at it now and i cannot for the life of me work out why its not picking up all the other 20GB of music i have on my laptop?? I know my watch can only hold 3GB of music files, but i want all my folders to show so i can pick out which of my music tracks i want to add onto the watch accordingly.

Oh and yes, all the tracks are in the correct .mp3
    Format
    There are 3 ways Sports Connect can find music on your computer
    1. Any playlists created in Windows Media Player (Sports Connect talks directly to WMP to obtain it's playlists)
    2. Any playlists created in iTunes (on Windows it needs the iTunes library xml to find the playlists, on OSX it can talk directly to iTunes)
    3. Any .m3u/.m3u8 playlist files found below the 'root music' folder.

Regards,
    Stuart.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0