Wind noise reduction on Bandit — TomTom Community

Wind noise reduction on Bandit

DiamondniteDiamondnite Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
After just purchasing 2 tom tom bandit cameras I feel really let down with the wind noise on the recording. Then purchased the dive cover lens, in an attempt to eliminate the wind noise. A complete waste of time and money. Okay the quality is excellent but with such a new product. It appears R&R was not fully completed
Any ideas or recommendations to eliminate the wind noise .( I am using the camera on my motor bike )

Comments

• jim xcxjim xcx Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Have you tried the little beard thing. Email customer service and they will send them out.
  • DiamondniteDiamondnite Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes I tried and absolutely no use what's so ever.
  • lmelelmele Posts: 22 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi Diamondnite.
    I have a Bandit and just purchased a Go Pro 5 and i use them both on my motor bike. They both have wind noise at speeds, so the only way i rectified that was to buy a mic cable and connect the mic into the bandit. The bandit is on my helmet and the mic is inside the helmet and the go pro is mounted on the front of my bike. I eliminate the wind noise on the go pro through their Studio Pro software which i also use to edit my Tomtom Bandit footage. Hope this helps. By the way i have the little beard on my Bandit and it doesn't work when the camera is travelling in the open with speed. Hope this helps