Prioritise dirt roads — TomTom Community

Prioritise dirt roads

StorhemulenStorhemulen Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 26 in RIDER
I have a Rider 410. It's a great device.

I really like the winding roads setting, it is a great feature.

But, one thing that I think is missing though. There is a setting for avoiding unpaved roads. This is great when in a hurry, but usually I like to spend as much time as I possible can on unpaved roads with my big gravel loving bike.

What I would like to have is a setting for prioritising gravel roads. I love gravel and want to spend as much time on this awesome surface as humanly possible.

So, please, please, please with cream and a cherry on top, can you implement this feature!

Life is meaningless without gravel roads.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Storhemulen,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for your feedback! I'll log this to be reported to the product team.

Currently, the Thrill routes option has settings only for curviness and hilliness. You could try playing with those to see if you can get better routes to your liking. Please note, that you can also plan Thrill routes with MyDrive and sync them to your device. For more information and troubleshooting tips for MyDrive, please see this FAQ.

Please, post back here if you have further questions/suggestions :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • StorhemulenStorhemulen Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have been playing with those settings during my 9 week trip through Europe on motorbike last year. They work great and I ended up on a lot of unexpected and fun roads. Great feature. Also, I never had any problems with my Rider 410.

"Gravel roads extends life. Gravel roads expands consciousness"
    - Princess Irulan
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Storhemulen,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your Rider 410! :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • MrMMrM Posts: 148 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi,

Do it like this: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/rider-51/riders-recorded-track-not-respected-by-the-rider-1005096/index1.html#post1115438
    And plan your routes, including dirt-roads and tracks in MyDrive or Basecamp and start driving.

By the way, if create a track in e.g. Basecamp over dirt roads and tracks, it will show up in MyDrive as an exact copy. Even if there are no roads.
    When you transfer it to e.g. the Rider, its will go only over roads present in the map.

Like I explained (click on the link): take the original track to the nav as well. You do it in MyDrive, on your Watches, heck do on the nav boxes and Go Mobile app (Mountainbiking!!) as well.

Regards, Marten
  • kawlioxkawliox Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I am also missing very much a function *Preffer unpaived roads*. That would be super cool.
  • WMRWMR Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Same here :)

unpaived roads are already categorized so it should not be such a big change :)