Wrong route to phone book address — TomTom Community

Wrong route to phone book address

bktzbktz Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Something strange with latest version of TomTom go V1.15 is going on.
When i go to my phonebook and let tom tom create a route to someone in there it continuous creates a wrong route to ONE specific adres. When I insert an adress in Borculo it directs me to a for me unknown adres in Borculo.
I have tested a lot of other adresses and they work fine.
When I use other navigators like Waze, Google maps or Here, they calculate the right route. I have checked the adress information and that is correct. So in my opinion that cant be the problem. Because other navigators do it right, I think the problem is in om Tom.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,999
    Superusers
    Could you tell how exactly you do this? Do you mean the Android phone book, or the 'My contacts' in the TT app? When I go to the Android Contacts, I can navigate using Maps, MyDrive and Waze, but not the TT GO Mobile app.
  • bktzbktz Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I open my phone
    Then I see Dialer, Contacts and Favorites.
    I choose contacts
    Then i choose the required contact and touch the address corresponding with that
    After that a popup screen with different navigators show up
    Maps, Earth, Here, Waze and Go show up.
    Thats all I do.
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,999
    Superusers
    Okay, thanks. Mm, strange. For some reason I don't get the TT Go one.
  • EddepetEddepet Posts: 50 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Thought this option was only available from Android 7.x ?
  • JvdZJvdZ Posts: 80 [Supreme Navigator]
    Does TomTom Go have the correct access set and is it allowed to access Contacts?
    Access allowed for mine is: Contacts; Location; Storage; Telephone.

Jos
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi bktz,

Welcome to the Community!

This sounds like a map issue to me. Have you tried entering the address directly? Do you then get the correct location?

If not, there's a map error and you can report it directly to our map team with the MapShare Reporter.

Cheers, Mikko

P.S. I moved your question to its own topic so that it's easier to discuss it.
  • bktzbktz Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I have typed in the address in Tom Tom and then it works fine. Using that same address from the addressbook in my contacts gives a complete different outcome in a different city.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi bktz,

Thanks for coming back!

It sounds like an issue with using an address from the phone book. Please, report this to Customer Service for further investigation.

Thanks, Mikko