Sleep Tracking not recorded (Spark3)

pdt
pdt Registered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
In the last week, it happened twice that my sleep time was recorded a zero hours.
I definitely did sleep during those two nights. I read in previous posts, that the sleep time only starts counting after 30 minutes without movement.
This means that during a restless night with frequent movement while sleeping a recorded sleep time of zero is possible.
This is not in line with the quality of measurements in the other areas of Spark/Runner watch (hear rate, distance etc.)

I think there is definitely room for improvement with the Sleep tracking of the Runner/Spark watches. Many of the other fitness watches (e.g. FitBit), not only records the sleep time, but also indicates the difference between deep sleep (minimal movement) and restlessness (significant movement) while sleeping.
Are there any plans to improve the sleep tracking of the Spark3 ?

On the Runner/Spark cardio watches, the heart rate can also be used and combined with movement, to get a better idea of when a person actually sleeps, and also between deep and restless sleeping.

Thanks
PdT

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,960
    Hi pdt,

Welcome to the Community and sorry about the delay in response!

The sleeping algorithm uses the data from the accelerometer, so the watch can make a basic assessment of whether you are sleeping or not. Thank you for your detailed feedback about the sleep tracking, I've logged these as an improvement request for the product team to review.

Cheers,
    lampard
  • pdt
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks lampard

When the accelerometer and heart rate measurement is combined for sleep tracking, the Spark3 will also not record sleeping when removed from ones arm, as it currently sometimes do.

Regards
    Piet
  • pdt
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi lampard

Any feedback from the product team on the improvement request for the sleep tracking ?
    I again had two days where NO sleep was recorded last month, and I see many posts on the same topic.

Being able to discriminate between
    - deep sleep (minimal movement) and
    - restlessness (significant movement)

while sleeping will really enhance the product and bring it on par with devices from other vendors.

Kind regards
    Piet
  • pdt
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi lampard

Any feedback on the sleep tracking issue?
    -- Is there any pending sleep tracking updates from the product team?
    -- Is there a pending Spark 3 software update ?

Kind regards
    Piet
  • pdt
    Apprentice Traveler
    Dear TomTom support

Any feedback on the above please ??

Many thanks
    Piet