MyDrive Connect and Windows 10 display scaling (15'' 4k display) - Page 2 — TomTom Community

MyDrive Connect and Windows 10 display scaling (15'' 4k display)

2»

Comments

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,619
    Superuser
    Ok, a better display or the MDC Settings menu, but not both at the same time. :slight_frown:
    Your messages will help other users but are not yet a really satisfactory solution.
    Hopefully TomTom will finally release a functional MDC version for this type of problem.
  • PellegrinaPellegrina Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have installed MyDrive Connect this evening on new HP Spectre laptop and have had the same problem. Totally impossible to read the text. I managed to download by reducing the laptop's resolution significantly as a temporary measure but this is not good enough. It didn't happen on my previous laptop.
  • mttfriendmttfriend Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is this issue ever solved?

Or we have to update the hardware?
  • meltonrobbomeltonrobbo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Still not sorted here. I am using a magnifying glass to make my selections. Even after clicking 'no, and downloading new MyDriveConnect.
    I am running a 13" HP Sceptre. 3840x2160 Resolution.
  • TzaphkielTzaphkiel Posts: 26 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    This still does not work.. I need a magnifier to read anything on my Surface PRO and the tomtom mydrive application.

None of the above works...
    It is not so complicated to actually use the windows API to check for current resolution (dpi) of the hardware it runs on and adapt the rendering accordingly... or ?

Come on, fix it once and for all... I know that there are SOOO many things to fix with your Rider 400 for example (that have not been working properly since the release of the device and for which people are still somehow believing in a future potential fix)... but get your act together please !
  • Erik_1Erik_1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have always problem with this software ****. One period it wont update my gps. Error was server problem. The problem now is that when i open MyDrive Connect, it wont show correctly. It is missing letters for it seems like onlogging windows is too small and the head line is missing the last two letters. Look like this: MY_TOM_TOM_ACCO
    Any suggestion to solve the problem? I like my gps tomtom start 25 so i dont want Garmin.
  • JoelS.JoelS. Posts: 317 [Exalted Navigator]
    guessing no update ??
    27" 4k monitor, windows 10.

• TzaphkielTzaphkiel Posts: 26 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    LAURE123 wrote: »
    Hi all

You can try this:
    - Close and Quit MyDrive Connect.
    - On the MDC launch icon ==> Right click/Properties/Compatibility tab/ check 'Override high DPI scaling behavior, scaling performed by:'/ in the list, select 'System (enhanced)'/Apply/OK
    - Restart MDC again.
    172a4pkubqtr.png

See if this brings an improvement to the MDC display.

Regards.

I got this to work but you have to make sure that the MDC instances are all shut down (not just the main window with the X). You actually have to quit the MDC from the taskbar icon in the bottom right of the screen (usually) in windows.

I still cannot believe that TOMTOM would not fix this issue with high resolution displays being so common nowadays.

@TOMTOM get a clue and start listening to your customers !
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,724
    Superusers
    edited June 9
    Hi
    @Tzaphkiel
    Tzaphkiel wrote: »
    (Snip)
    I got this to work but you have to make sure that the MDC instances are all shut down (not just the main window with the X). You actually have to quit the MDC from the taskbar icon in the bottom right of the screen (usually) in windows
    (Snip)
    To be fair in the original post by LAURE123 has the same instructions.....
    LAURE123 wrote: »
    (Snip)
    Close and Quit MyDrive Connect
    (Snip)

ATB YFM
    Superuser
    Hi @Tzaphkiel

Glad to read that you have solved your display problem. :)
    I wrote to Quit MDC but with your feedback I realize that it was not explicit enough.
    I edit my message to make it more precise and complete.

Regards.
    Superuser
    Hi @YamFazMan

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it. :)
    I have improved the description of the proposed method and I will edit my other forum messages on this problem.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1644979/#Comment_1644979

All the best.
    Laure
  • HNPHNP Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have recently purchased a Dell XPS 15 with 15.6" 4K screen with 16:10 aspect ratio.

Thank you to contributors, Laure and YamFazMan on this site for providing solutions to the scaling problems I encountered with MyDrive Connect.

Further thanks to YamFazMan for his solution on another discussion thread about a TomTom Start 62 with USB type A connecting to this Dell laptop, which only has USB type C sockets.

As a result of your help I have gone from having a TomTom that could not be updated at all on a brand new computer to one that now functions normally!

Regards