Maps deleted from VIA 130 — TomTom Community

Maps deleted from VIA 130

I have a Via 130. This weekend I tried to update. It decided to update the My Drive Connect program. It then updated the maps. When it finished it told me no maps were installed and to update again. So far I have tried 3 times (over a very slow internet connection taking 10hours+ per update) and I still have no maps - I was supposed to have lifetime maps. Does anyone have any idea if its fixable?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,206 Superusers
    Check with support:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • Tony1955Tony1955 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I checked with support. What a waste of time. They did exactly what I had done then set it downloading again. 10 hours later - still no maps. I had another go myself, removed all I could from device and computer, re-installed software. Ten hours later the map install/update failed yet again. All in all a totally frustrating week, 5 failed tries at update at 10+ hours a shot(why does it take so long?) and still my tomtom is a useless lump of plastic.
    Yesterday I finally got a working satnav - I put the tomtom in the bin and bought a Garmin. 2 hours to update map and software. Job done.
  • adrian 130adrian 130 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Hi there, i have also a Via130 tried to update to 9.85, asked for help on TT care on Feb 25, update succeeded on Mar, 4 - yesterday.
    They gave me well known solution with soft reset and manually delete of folder Home3.
    Meanwhile did a map update to Garmin in 17 min.
  • raymatsellraymatsell Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Adrian 130 - There seems to be something a bit shabby about TomTom support over the issue of maps deleted via MyDrive Connect. A bit of corporate deafness rather than a straight solution. I have a similar post on a thread re the Start 20 awaiting an answer. but could tell me a bit more about the 'soft reset and manually delete of folder Home3' solution... was that actually what solved it for you? Thanks. Ray