Unable to buy a new map from Russia

DesuEagleDesuEagle Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited November 2018 in Map purchasing
(1) en_ru version of site doesn't even have a shop.
(2) On other hand when I try to buy it from other region it doesn't like my postcode (but that seems ok cause it's correspond to russian address) and tell me to switch country on the bottom side and that takes me to (1)

Do I understand correctly that at this time best solution is to make a fake UK account and buy it?

Comments

• SmeteSmete Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM with buying a new map for Eastern Europe. And I tried everything but the problem still persists. I I have contacted the support service, but with any success...
    1. when i want to buy and i am logged in it says: insert your e-mail adress - please log in to proceed or create a new account (???)
    2. The support service said that my account does not work, they deleted id.
    3. I created a new account and the problem still persists.
    I need a map, i am going for a travel but they wont help me. they didn't do anything.
    I NEED HELP TO !!!!
    Best regards form Croatia!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

We indeed don't do online sells in some countries. However, you can create an account on another country page where we do online sales and purchase through there. I'd recommend the Irish site as then you can pay in Euros.

Should you run into any problems with this, please contact Customer Service. They can help you get it sorted and/or place the order for you.

Cheers, Mikko
  • SmeteSmete Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i was looking for Eastern europe map for my tomtom start 52 but does not support the map. what to do now?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,539 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Smete

I had a quick look at the contact history on your account. Unfortunately, I am not able to find the incident number for your contact.

If you can click on this link to sent me the incident number through a private message then I can send them a heads up for further assistance.

The map of Eastern Europe is not compatible with your START 52 device, however, if you purchase the map of Central and Eastern Europe then you should be able to order it online.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    VikramK wrote:
    The map of Eastern Europe is not compatible with your START 52 device, however, if you purchase the map of Central and Eastern Europe then you should be able to order it online.
    :?:?:?
    Isn't Eastern Europe part of Europe?? So why buy an additional map?

85e98e32-b3d5-41e7-b58e-4bac7cb33bac.jpg
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,539 TomTom Moderator
    Hi EthoZ

Indeed what you are showing is true. But the START 52 device 'Smete' has was purchased with Western Europe Lifetime maps. :)

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    Aha, I think it's a bad buy.
  • rvdcolf2rvdcolf2 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I am having the same problem with buying/updating maps. Bought a TomTom 3 years ago and the Southern Africa maps have a lifetime upgrade [no problem]. For updates on European maps, I have to pay [no problem]. Getting to order it and pay - BIG problem.
    I am from Namibia, but my profile adress stated that to be in United Kingdom??? And it is impossible to change [for 3 years and after a lot of asking/begging/complaining].
    Seems to me that you have to be at specific places in the world to get support from TomTom?
    So my advice to future buyers - before you consider buying a product, confirm that your country/region is accepted as an entity by TomTom.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi rvcolf2,

Unfortunately, there are still regions in the world where we don't have operations and therefore limited or no support. If your country is not mentioned in the list at tomtom.com/support you can call the international number 0031 20 850 1004.

I can see that your recent emails to Customer Service have gone to a wrong address and therefore haven't been picked up. We'll send Customer Service a heads-up to pick them up asap.

Cheers, Mikko
  • rvdcolf2rvdcolf2 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks Mikko
    1. Have you tried to call that number? - either not answered or being shunt from pillar to post
    2. In the past "Customer Service" made a lot of irrelevant/useless suggestions - very seldom of practical help.