Operate My Go functionality in TT home — TomTom Community

Operate My Go functionality in TT home

I've recently updated TomTom Home (to 2.10.1.464, on Win 10) and now when I try to 'Operate my Go' (520) I get an error message to the effect that the device doesn't support it. It was always operable with the last version of Home so why not now?
Any hints would be very much appreciated.

Update: I've just found a very helpful post (Link attached below) that has helped me to re-install version 2.9 of Home. This now allows me to 'operate myGo' correctly.
The problem with reverting to earlier versions of Home is that there appears to be no way of stopping the system from installing the latest "critical update" - until I found this fairly straightforward fix.
I went through the installation process using the old 2.9 version I had from the last update then edited the Application.ini file. I had to use Notepad++ in Administrator mode to allow the file to be saved over the original.
Why version 2.10 of Home doesn't allow operation of the Go is a stupid bug. Please fix TomTom!
Kudos to DaveP
https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-x00-x50-series-one-start-ease-xl-xxl-tomtom-home-23/tomtom-home-28-forcing-application-update-6789/index1.html#post9011

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,195 Superusers
    TomTom will NOT fix the issue as that is a by product of its decision to render many models as End of Life. No support, no maps, no more Operate my Device. Keep using the Home version you have installed.
  • monty-ffmonty-ff Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I owuld love to upgrade from 720 and 930 to latest but ever since the 1050 they have removed all the features that made the old ones so good. Why woudl I buy a 6200 when it doesn't ahve POI's, I cant do a 10 or 20 point itiniry for a whole days pretty route riding and I can't get an itn file to copy to my wife and the rest of the families devices so they can use the same route or come back to a route next year. If they are tyrign to loose all their cusotmers they are going the right way about. What idiots they are, time to try a Garmin
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,249 Superusers
    Hi
    @monty-ff
    monty-ff wrote: »
    Why would I buy a 6200 when it doesn't have POI's
    See Tomtom video Installing 3rd party POis....

Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the Tomtom supplied generic Icons
    But you can use one icon for for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information

Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs....Tap 4Dot (....Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon.. Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out, and reappear as you zoom in again
    I cant do a 10 or 20 point itinerary for a whole days pretty route riding and I can't get an itn file to copy to my wife and the rest of the families devices so they can use the same route or come back to a route next year
    You can plan a multi stop .ITN route
    (1)... On the device....
    (2)... Use a 3rd party route planner and transfer the .ITN route using a Micro SDHC Memory card
    (3)... Use the Tomtom MyDrive Web route planner...
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com
    The method I use... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1240916/#Comment_1240916

Here's my GO 520 with a 20 Stop .ITN Route
    8c666278-1cd1-4db4-a7a0-efd9c84c8858.jpg
    ATB YFM