Mark as a solution

GaummyGaummy Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 31 in Forum feedback
How do you mark a response to a question as a solution?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 6,228 [Moderator]
    Hi Gaummy

Please see the steps here to mark a topic as answered.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • dhndhn Posts: 32,874 [Superusers]
    Except the 'Mark as Solution' checkmark doesn't appear after 'Reply' in this forum for example, Vikram. I'm using Chrome here.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 6,228 [Moderator]
    dhn wrote:
    Except the 'Mark as Solution' checkmark doesn't appear after 'Reply' in this forum for example, Vikram. I'm using Chrome here.

Could you please post a screenshot here because I am using Chrome and I am able to see the checkmark for 'Mark as solution'.

Thanks
    Vikram:)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,364 [Superuser]
    @VikramK

There seems to be an inconstancy between boards but as I do not have recent topics in each one so I can not specify which ones but here are a few examples

Can not "mark as solution"
    'Map quality' , 'GO 800, 1000, 2000 series / Via series / Start 20 and 60 Series (MyDrive Connect)' , 'MyDrive (Connect) & apps', 'TomTom Traffic, LIVE- and other Services', 'How to use the forum', 'Map purchasing'

Can "mark as solution"
    'Travel lounge'

but even that is not consistent for every topic
  • GaummyGaummy Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    alright thanks! I just did not have this option on my phone.... went on my computer and worked right away thanks!
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 [Retired Community Staff Employee]
    Hi all,

The "Mark as solution" button is there only on topics the poster has marked as a question. This is chosen by default but if the poster unticks the box the topic is not a question and therefore no solution can be marked.

Topics marked as a question have a question mark in front of their title. If you don't see the "Mark a solution" button on such a topic, please post here a link to the topic as well as a screenshot showing how it's displayed to you. With this we can investigate further.

Thanks, Mikko
  • stewardsteward Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Is it possible to 'unlike' a response or mark it as 'unhelpful'?
    This would identify responses from persons that seemingly are being disruptive to the ideals of the forum.
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 556 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    @steward ,

As far as I'm aware, it is not directly possible to mark a Post as "Unhelpful"/"unlike".

However, if a particular post does upset/offend, then you can "Report" it by "Flagging" it (press the 3-dots to the bottom right of the Post)!

Regards,

John-Jay