Run feedback for Spark 3

Gaummy
Gaummy Registered Users Posts: 5
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Does the spark 3 music give you feedback while running through the headphones? Example every km ran a notification tells you your time for this km and average??
Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Gaummy wrote:
    Does the spark 3 music give you feedback while running through the headphones? Example every km ran a notification tells you your time for this km and average??
    Thanks

Voice coaching is only available in specific training modes, not in general across the watch. You will get the following prompts:

General prompts:
    Watch ready, Demo mode, Bluetooth not working when swimming.

Training Partner prompts:
    Zone: in zone, above zone, below zone.
    Goal: at 50%, 90% 100% and 110% of goal.
    Race: ahead, behind, lost, won.

So unless you are in Zone, Goal or Race you will not get any prompts. In lap mode it will buzz to inform you of a completed lap and show the lap time on the watch but there are no audio prompts for it. You cna get it to buzz at each split (predefined as a mile or km) in any mode.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Gaummy
    Neophyte Traveler
    Awesome thanks! I really appreciate your reply :)
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Gaummy wrote:
    Awesome thanks! I really appreciate your reply :)

Glad I could help. When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.
  • snerkler
    snerkler Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Gaummy wrote:
    Thanks

Voice coaching is only available in specific training modes, not in general across the watch. You will get the following prompts:

General prompts:
    Watch ready, Demo mode, Bluetooth not working when swimming.

Training Partner prompts:
    Zone: in zone, above zone, below zone.
    Goal: at 50%, 90% 100% and 110% of goal.
    Race: ahead, behind, lost, won.

So unless you are in Zone, Goal or Race you will not get any prompts. In lap mode it will buzz to inform you of a completed lap and show the lap time on the watch but there are no audio prompts for it. You cna get it to buzz at each split (predefined as a mile or km) in any mode.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

I've been looking at purchasing the watch for running too and wanted feedback every km like I currently get on map my run where it tells you the distance, split time, total time and average time, but reading this it does not appear that the Runner 3 provides this info. Reading that it only appears to tell you if you are on target (in zone), behind target or in front of target in one mode, goal percentage, or whether you're winning or losing etc in race mode, is this correct?
  • Gaummy
    Neophyte Traveler
    true.... but bow that I actually have to watch I sometimes like to put in lets say 5km as a run goal...this way as I run I can actuallt see where I am at to achieve this run goal...... you see on your watch lets say if you are half way done, and it vibrates to let you know..... its actually pretty cool..... i do like having voice info on my phone apps thats says exactly my pace at every km but this is actually still pretty good.... a quick look qt the watch while running and you still get that info :).
  • snerkler
    snerkler Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks. I probably need to look elsewhere then. Trying to find one that does this and also stores music is proving very hard :(
  • katgirl025
    katgirl025 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Have you found one yet? I would also really like both features!