Traffic update not working — TomTom Community

Traffic update not working

claumi07claumi07 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi I have been using the TomTom (Australia) app for a few years now and currently have it installed on my iPhone 7
I have been subscribing to the monthly traffic update since it changed from a yearly subscription.
The app and traffic facility worked perfect yesterday, however today the traffic had a blue icon car in the right top corner.
I've tried to restore the purchase and get the following error :
You cannot use this account on your iOS device because it has active subscriptions for a TomTom Navigation device. Please create a new account for your iOS device.

I've created a new account and initially I was getting incorrect psssword etc now I'm getting the same error

I decided to purchased another month in case it will help to restore the purchase but I've had no luck.

In desperation I deleted the app and reinstalled it, however the only thing I achieved was to loose my favorite destinations and settings
Any ideas how I can fix the problem,?
Thank you

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,333
    Superusers
    Call support:

Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
  • claumi07claumi07 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you
  • NikhileshNikhilesh Posts: 416
    Staff
    Hello claumi07,

Welcome to the Community :)

I can see you have already contacted Customer Support.

They will sort this out for you.

Should you have further questions on this please revert back on the same incident so they can help you better.

Regards,
    Nikhilesh
  • MaddcowMaddcow Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm experiencing EXACTLY the same problem as the OP. Traffic info has worked perfectly for years until today....and being a Saturday, I can't contact Support. However, I'm taking a trip today and need the traffic info. Really unhappy, TomTom,
  • BluesteelBluesteel Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too am having the exact same problem. The thing is I had just purchased a month when it all stopped working. I tried changing my account twice which went with purchasing another month of traffic twice and still nothing. The thing is tomtom took my money for those extra months.
    Once this issue is sorted, will I be able to get reimbursed for those extra months I paid for unnecessarily?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

We had a technical issue due to which some of our portable navigation devices were not able to receive traffic information in Australia and the region. I'm not entirely sure this would've affected the iPhone app, but as the issue is now resolved, please post back here if you're still experiencing issue with connecting to TomTom Traffic.

If you're having problems restoring purchases, please contact Customer Service. They can best assist you with purchase and account related queries.

Cheers, Mikko
  • Andrew eAndrew e Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Exactly the same thing here in the U.K. I'm getting suspicious now that your trying to get us to update to your mobile app. Which I would have to pay monthly for. My traffic update is not working despite paying £1.99.
    Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the Community!

Your issue is different from the one discussed here. Unfortunately, there's a technical problem with the latest version (v1.27) of the Navigation app for iPhone/iPad due to which it can't connect to TomTom Traffic. Please, see the latest about this issue here.

Cheers, Mikko
  • claumi07claumi07 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello all,
    After contacting support back in February and trying to restore the purchase several times it was concluded that we had to wait for an update.
    I continued to use the app without the live traffic and to my surprise a week or so after it started working again.
    Unfortunately late last week the joy needed and once more Live traffic doesn't work.
    The next day when I opened the app there was a message informing that due to different technologies the app will stop to be supported from September onwards.
    Unfortunately ever since then the live traffic doesn't work.
    In view of this, I started using The alternative TomTom Go.
    In my opinion this is no substitute. It's an inferior system. The maps are not accurate, wrong directions are given with turns on closed roads, the alerts are 5-10 seconds late and it notifies of speed cameras that don't exist.
    To make matters worse the live traffic option is useless. It doesn't alert you when a faster route is found so the choice of selecting it is no longer available. And if you need to to hear the instructions again, good luck finding how to do it v
    Overall a total waste. It's Disappointing that a TomTom decided to face out what has been the best traffic app in the market.
    Any idea if the live traffic will be fixed before the app stops being supported in September ?
    Thank you
    Hi all,

Unfortunately, we had a technical issue over the weekend causing the GO Mobile apps not being able to connect to TomTom Services. This issue has now been resolved :D

Those of you with the old app, please see my previous comment here and the link I posted there.

Cheers, Mikko
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category