New GO Mobile for Android v1.15 available for download — TomTom Community

New GO Mobile for Android v1.15 available for download

MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
Hi all,

We've just released a new v1.15 of the GO Mobile for Android and it's available for download in Google PlayStore.

[h3]What's new?[/h3]
  • Navigate to Photo: Plan your Route using a geo-tagged photo from My Places, and revisit a memory. Check your camera settings to make sure geo-tagging is switched on.
  • App Shortcuts: Long-press the app icon to instantly plan routes to home or work. You can also access your places or search at a touch. Only available for Android 7.1.

Drive safe! :D

Cheers, Mikko

Comments

• otas_peotas_pe Posts: 79 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, today I got 1.15 but there is no any change with my trouble. App still can not start, same situation as from 1.14 update in December. Now I made clean installation and deleted all folders in the phone and in the SD card. Seems that I can not use TT anymore :(
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi otas_pe,

I'm sorry to hear that!

Do you have the app installed on SD card or in the internal memory? Can you try installing it into the internal memory?

Is the app hanging at the startup and/or showing a "check your internet connection" message? Could you also state your phones model and Android version, please?

Thanks, Mikko
  • Vaclav FouneVaclav Foune Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    I am happy to say the update works for me! Before, I was unable to launch the app at all, I was waiting for this update to be able to use TT. And the maps even installed to my SD card, so I am very satisfied.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    I've installed v1.15 on three devices (Android 5, 6 and 7 - internal memory) without problems.
    Now I miss the map v985. :D

dc4a7bf9-15bf-4194-8a19-3f4af4edd206.jpg
    d2b9d528-9052-478a-b043-1d99b619f55b.jpg
    Vaclav, you made only regular update or clean installation? What language do you use on your phone? Czech? Díky
  • Vaclav FouneVaclav Foune Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    I made a clean installation since the app was pretty much useless in the version 1.14, I was waiting for the update. I currently have the language switched to German for practical reasons as I now work in Germany.
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi otas_pe,

I'm sorry to hear that!

Do you have the app installed on SD card or in the internal memory? Can you try installing it into the internal memory?

Is the app hanging at the startup and/or showing a "check your internet connection" message? Could you also state your phones model and Android version, please?

Thanks, Mikko

MikkoK

Thanks for reply. I was already desperate so I removed app and change language to English. Then restart phone and install the app. And now I am happy that it is working!!! Before update it does not work. Seems that there is still some issue connected to Czech language and some devices or Android version. My phone is Sony Xperia Z3, stock Android 6.0.1.

Thanks and čau
  • mopfrakmopfrak Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    App Shortcuts: Long-press the app icon to instantly plan routes to home or work. You can also access your places or search at a touch. Only available for Android 7.1.

I was looking forward to the App Shortcuts, unfortunately it's not working on my Nexus 5X running Android 7.1.2 (NPG05D) public beta.
    Hi otas_pe,

I'm glad to here you got it working! I'll report this to the product team so that they can look into why it isn't working with Czech language.

@ mopfrak: Thanks for your feedback! We don't support beta releases so unfortunately there's no quick help for you. However, I'll report this to the product team so that they can fix it for the production version of Android 7.1.2.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hi mopfrak,

The product team asked me to ask you if other app shortcuts, e.g. Google Play Music, work for you? Also, are you perhaps using a custom launcher?

Thanks, Mikko
  • JolbusJolbus Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, new in the fórum
    Well, I have more tan 10 years using TomTom system, first ONE some time after GO 530 i's in use now
    My family gift to me a 2 DIN Car Radio System with Android 6.0.1 with a 8" display and I'm trying to instal TomTom Go on it
    The equipment conect well to Home WIFI an from Google Play take the Aplication and install, but after instalation i'ts imposible to conect to TomTom servers and services, I wait time and time but never conect, of course the WIFI connection is ok
    I install TomTomGO on my smartophone without problems, and I do not understand why is not posible on the 2DIN Car Radio System
    Any help will be apreciated, sorry on my english
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Jolbus wrote:
    My family gift to me a 2 DIN Car Radio System with Android 6.0.1 with a 8" display and I'm trying to instal TomTom Go on it
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18708/~/go-mobile-app-compatibility

"The TomTom GO Mobile app is compatible with Android smartphones* (Android version 4.0.3 or higher) which have a WVGA screen resolution from 800 x 480 or higher.

The app is optimised to run on devices with screen sizes of up to 7 inches."

And sorry: You're on the wrong topic..... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/search?q=compatible&forum=156
  • RGM71RGM71 Posts: 377 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    MikkoK wrote:
    [h3]What's new?[/h3]
    • App Shortcuts: Long-press the app icon to instantly plan routes to home or work. You can also access your places or search at a touch. Only available for Android 7.1.

Interesting point of view to build and add options that are only available for the very latest Android version. Why this choice? Is the rest of Android-population no longer relevant?
  • mopfrakmopfrak Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi mopfrak,

The product team asked me to ask you if other app shortcuts, e.g. Google Play Music, work for you? Also, are you perhaps using a custom launcher?

Thanks, Mikko

Hi Mikko,

Thanks for the prompt feedback. It's working now!
    My mistake was that I tried to use the App Shortcuts without opening the app first after updating in the Play Store. TomTom GO finalizes the update at first launch and I missed that part of the updating.

Maybe an idea to add this info to the updates section of the Play Store. When I get an update I read what's new and often immediately want to give it a try. That doesn't work out for the App Shortcuts in TomTom GO.

Keep up the good work!
    Hi mopfrak,

I'm happy to hear you got it sorted! :D

@ Jolbus: As EthoZ mentioned, we don't support GO Mobile on in-built systems so unfortunately, we can't help you with this.

@ RGM71: We like to stay on top of the technology take advantage of the latest feature in the latest OS versions to provide our customers the best user experience possible on their phones. This is in no way away from customers with older OS versions as most features will work with them as well. But as phones get gradually updated/upgraded to newer OS versions more and more customers will be able to use these new features.

Cheers, Mikko
  • BlisteringblueBlisteringblue Posts: 21 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Just to post I have successfully updated to v115 on the Moto G4, however it wasn't without problems. This happened last update too where it starts the update being installed message, but the download simply stops around the 75% mark and you get an error. I think last time I removed all traces of GO and started again, but I didn't want to do this again as I lose all my favourties etc.

Anyway, I noticed on an old post somebody mentioned that if you have the ES FILE MANAGER app this stops TOMTOM GO from updating. As I had this installed I removed and low and behold my TomTom Go updated without issue and the download completed to the end.

So anybody with ES File Managaer, remove this and try your update again.
  • brokenNavibrokenNavi Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    I'm on a Google Pixel. It worked fine on my S7, but have had nothing but problems since switching to my Pixel. The app will start but just says it can't connect to TomTom. If you try and clear the caches, and start it up again it will just crash, and android asks for a bug report...
    Hi brokenNavi,

Welcome to the Community!

Please, follow these steps to sort out your problem:
    1. Uninstall the app
    2. Clear cache data for the following apps:
      - Google Play services
      - GooglePlay store
      - Google servicesFramework
    3. Set the time to "automatic"
    4. Restart the phone (this is important)
    5. After the phone restarts check and make sure your internet browser has access to the internet with wifi and/or 3g/4g
    6. Download a fresh copy of the app from the Google Play store

Cheers, Mikko
  • brokenNavibrokenNavi Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    MikkoK wrote:
    Hi brokenNavi,

Welcome to the Community!

Please, follow these steps to sort out your problem:
    1. Uninstall the app
    2. Clear cache data for the following apps:
      - Google Play services
      - GooglePlay store
      - Google servicesFramework
    3. Set the time to "automatic"
    4. Restart the phone (this is important)
    5. After the phone restarts check and make sure your internet browser has access to the internet with wifi and/or 3g/4g
    6. Download a fresh copy of the app from the Google Play store

Cheers, Mikko

Sooo.... I did what you suggested, and after launching the very first time, it told me that I need to reset the app. After allowing all the alerts TomTom says it can't connect to TomTom. My phone connects to everything else just fine.
    Hi brokenNavi,

I'm sorry to hear the issue persists!

Please, contact Customer Service. They can investigate your issue further and assist accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko
  • WombferretWombferret Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have the Moto G4 plus with ES file manager and the update loaded perfectly without disabling anything.
    Great app with a great and always helpful forum
  • WombferretWombferret Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have used TT Go on Android since it came out and on my Moto G4 plus for a year without problems. Last week I updated to 1.15 and also the new Western Europe map. I thought all was well until I went on a 1hour journey today when after 30 minutes it suddenly turned itself off and I just had a black screen. I rebooted the phone and now it tries to start but locks scrolling on the start screen. Clearly something nasty has happened with the update. I am still using Android 6.01. Please help. I don't want to loose all my favourites or loose my faith in a brilliant program
    Hi Wombferret,

I'm sorry to hear of your issue!

This was actually addressed in the v1.15 release and we haven't received new reports since. I'd first recommend you to re-install the app. You can save and restore your My Places with MyDrive.

Should this not help you solve the issue, report this to Customer Service so that they can dig deeper into your issue.

Cheers, Mikko
  • jgmoreno75jgmoreno75 Posts: 51 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Another version and we have not traffic neither cameras still. I stay in 1.12 version. Bravo TomTom!