Sound volume troubles between "Read aloud traffic warnings" and other "warning sounds". — TomTom Community

Sound volume troubles between "Read aloud traffic warnings" and other "warning sounds".

goon-heavengoon-heaven Posts: 34 [Apprentice Traveler]
I normally just use Tom-tom with voice off, warning sounds on.

I do not seem to be able to get the volume right - have to have full volume to hear the "Read aloud traffic warnings" - but the other warning sounds are then deafening - which is very irritating as alot of speed limits around here are wrongly positioned on Tom-tom maps. (I did report a few in 2015, but as yet seen no map corrections).

Is there a separate volume control for warning sounds other than the "Read aloud traffic warnings"?
If not, can I have one please.

Comments

• Same problem on a rebuilt unit purchased on eBay. I have done a software update but not sure if this is really the latest
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi goon-heaven,

Sorry for my late reply here!

Unfortunately, there is no separate volume setting for warning sounds, not other sounds to choose from. Which voice are you using for reading aloud warnings? Have you tried with another voice?

Could you also state your phone model and Android version, please?

Regarding the speed limits, please post some details about them to the Map Quality board so that we can take a look a it.

Thanks, Mikko
  • goon-heavengoon-heaven Posts: 34 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you MikkoK for your response.

Phone language: English UK
    Menu: Voice: OFF
    Settings, voice: Serena (yes, tried the others but no louder)
    Settings, sounds & warnings, warning type: Warning sounds (too loud)
    Settings, sounds & warnings, read aloud traffic warnings: ON (too quiet)
    Phone: Huawei X2, android 6.0

The messages given by the "warning sounds" are simple and straightforward, so dont need to be so loud.
    The messages given by the "read aloud traffic warnings" are much more complicated, so need to be loud enough to be heard clearly for fast comprehension.
    Hence I would like the "warning sounds" to be relatively quiet in comparision to the "read aloud traffic warnings" messages.

I shall start re-collecting incorrect speed limits and report them to the Map Quality board.

Thanks, Steve
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Thanks, Steve!

I'll forward this to the product team for investigation.

Cheers, Mikko