Watch Frozen after swim — TomTom Community

Watch Frozen after swim

RogerTimeRogerTime Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited January 6 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Same Problem, same question. After a swimmsession I stopped my session by hitting the left button twice. After that, the watch has since frozen. It simply displays the time and date. None of the buttons work. I have been using this watch just fine for over a year with no problems. I tried all the reset instructions and none of that has worked (putting it in the dock and holding the 'down' button before plugging it in to the computer, etc). When I put it in the dock and connect it to a power supply or the computer, nothing happens. Should I just wait for the battery to completely die and then try recharging it? Any advise is appreciated.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,767 Superusers
    RogerTime wrote:
    Same Problem, same question. After a swimmsession I stopped my session by hitting the left button twice. After that, the watch has since frozen. It simply displays the time and date. None of the buttons work. I have been using this watch just fine for over a year with no problems. I tried all the reset instructions and none of that has worked (putting it in the dock and holding the 'down' button before plugging it in to the computer, etc). When I put it in the dock and connect it to a power supply or the computer, nothing happens. Should I just wait for the battery to completely die and then try recharging it? Any advise is appreciated.

You can try letting it die, which may work, but at this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact, enter the product name and click Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • DSWDSW Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    RogerTime - I had the exact same problem. Watch about 1 years old. After swim, hit left button twice, watch completely frozen. Let watch battery die (this takes several days) then recharged on docking station and fully reset. Same problem. Let battery die again / reset again. Watch still frozen. I think water eventually works it way into the button mechanism and rusts it out. You might be able to get Tom Tom to replace it, not sure. Common and disappointing problem. Many posts out there with this exact same issue. My fix was to buy another watch for $100 on ebay. This is a cheap GPS watch, so I guess that's what you get at this price. It's either this or a Garmin at 4-5x the price. Search on the word 'frozen' in the this forum. You will see hundreds of posts on this issue!
  • jeffmcperthjeffmcperth Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also have the same problem. Watch about 18 months old.
  • sorenberndtsorenberndt Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Exact same story here!
    Left the watch in rice for hours to dry out, did not solve the problem.
    Tomtom please, what next to do !!??
  • AutotomppaAutotomppa Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I did not swim with TT. But there was water moisture inside. Because I rinsed the strap with water

I opened the watch with screwdriver and let it dry for one day. The screws are very small indeed. And I opened the connection pins inside the watch. The procedure is not good for the sealing the watch. Now it is working again ( I did it a one year ago)

My TT is three years old. So it is to trying continue the life by the force. No I'm looking a new device.