Not enough space to install GO Mobile — TomTom Community

Not enough space to install GO Mobile

davidwfaulknerdavidwfaulkner Posts: 256 [Apprentice Seeker]
Same old problem that has been around for a while.....I have Moto G 2nd gen phone and trying to load another app was advised that I did not have enough device storage to do so!
After a lot of tracking down I found that my Go Europe maps were loaded in my device rather than on the memory card....but I am using Android 6.0 which "combines" the internal phone memory with the SD card into one.
I have already un-installed everything, re-formatted the SD card in the phone as internal memory - "for use in the phone only" and re-loaded Go but the problem persists

Comments

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,181 [Revered Voyager]
    I am using Android 6.0 which "combines" the internal phone memory with the SD card into one.
    The Adoptable Storage feature is configurable and its use is not compulsory. You remain free to keep a microSD card looking like external storage. When inserting a new microSD card you should see both your options which Android may call Internal Storage and Portable Storage. Until now TomTom has said that their GO Mobile app only supports external storage formatted in FAT32.
  • davidwfaulknerdavidwfaulkner Posts: 256 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I seem to recall that formatting the card for internal use only was the better option.........if not then the rest of the apps on the phone would suffer
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,999
    Superusers
    I too have a Moto G 2014 and have configured the SD card as adoptable storage. For me, when I go to 'Storage & USB' > 'Samsung SD card' > 'Explore', I see the TomTom app listed there. For me the maps installed on the SD card automatically, I did not have to choose this. Can't you find the TomTom folder there using the 'Explore' feature?
    Thanks for the info.....Maybe some guidance to follow ?
    I factory reset the phone (!!), formatted the card as portable stotage, re-downloaded Go + Europe map....and it STILL resides in the internal storage which leaves little room for anything else :(

I cannot see an option to move it as on previous Android builds
    OK, so I have now fully factory reset the phone (again), formatter the SD card as internal ....and I still cannot install the maps -see attached screendumps
    if I look at the phone when connected to the PC I don't see the 32Gb SD card.....
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi David,

This looks to me like there's a problem with the SD card. Can you install any other apps on it?

Cheers, Mikko
    yes, plenty of other apps installed and working OK.... I have since factory reset the phone and re-formatted the card several times as internal, removable and finally internal again and have installed Europe map in full so PRESUMABLY it has installed OK.....just that it still reports almost no available internal memory on the phone
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi David,

That's peculiar. I'm not quite sure this is an issue with GO Mobile, but I'd recommend you to contact Customer Service about it. They can get to the bottom of this and assist you accordingly.

Cheers, Mikko