Can you sync TomTom MySports data to Withings Health Mate App? — TomTom Community

Can you sync TomTom MySports data to Withings Health Mate App?

ApovApov Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Is it possible to sync / export data from the TomTom MySports app to the Withings Health Mate app?

If not are there any plans to be able to sync your data (Steps, Sleep, Heart Rate & Work outs) with the Withings Health Mate App ?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,516
    Superusers
    Apov wrote:
    Is it possible to sync / export data from the TomTom MySports app to the Withings Health Mate app?

If not are there any plans to be able to sync your data (Steps, Sleep, Heart Rate & Work outs) with the Withings Health Mate App ?

The only thing uploaded to any of the partner sites is sports activities; none of the activity tracking is transmitted. The issue with this is that the standard file types used across the industry do not have a place to put activity data so all the major players would have to agree on a format and then adjust their APIs to accept it. This is why activity tracking stays within its environment for the most part (you can only view FitBit data in their app, Garmin in theirs etc.) unless the company makes a custom interface to incorporate the extended data. I can see it coming down the road at some point but I am not sure how much of a priority it is for the companies involved. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • BeanbagBeanbag Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I don't believe this at all. All TomTom has to do is integrate their data with Apple Health and each app can synchronise data. It's a shame TomTom developers have not been proactive about this and you can see how much information Withings share compared to TomTom.

Moreover, Withings have a very open API to import and export their app data so there really is very little excuse for TomTom not to provide the necessary integration.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,516
    Superusers
    You are replying to a post that is 3 months old. They do now synchronize to Apple Health and Google Fit so you can sync to one of them as an intermediary and then import into the platform of your choice.
    They do however only partially. They only offer Steps, Active Energy, Exercise minutes and Walking + Running distance.

They do not share sleep, weight, body fat, BMI, heart rate, etc which is needed for a Withings / TomTom integration.

Even Strava shares weight and workouts, plus Nike+ shares heart rate.

The API's are all there yet I have no idea why apps refuse to simply use Apple Health to share data. There's no need for special API's. Common standards have been in place for well over a year now.
  • WizardlingWizardling Posts: 35 [Master Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    You are replying to a post that is 3 months old. They do now synchronize to Apple Health and Google Fit so you can sync to one of them as an intermediary and then import into the platform of your choice.

No, that is not correct. TomTom Sports only reads Apple Health data (and only a tiny subset, at that). It does not write any data to Apple Health. Thus TomTom Sports and connected devices remain a walled garden for data such as steps, and considerably less useful as a result.

There is still, as far as I know, absolutely no way to get one's steps outside of TomTom Sports. Shameful really, when one considers Apple Health was introduced in 2014 and it's now mid-2017.
    Bang on. It's pretty poor TomTom won't play ball with other providers. It makes me question the usefulness of my new Spark.