Speed camera purchase is "inprogress" after 24 hours — TomTom Community

Speed camera purchase is "inprogress" after 24 hours

stargazerdiscostargazerdisco Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Speed Cameras
How come I'm still getting the "in progress" notice 24 hours after buying the product. I understand that by buying through paypal can take a bit longer but really24 hours?. The money has come out of my account and I have the confirmation email, so before I start thinking this might be FRAUD please can I have my goods (Sale of Goods act 1979)?
TomTom advertising on speed camera purchase BUY, DOWNLOAD, GO. Yeah Right!!! First time I've ever done this with TomTom so far totally unimpressed with service Please fix Thank you

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,008
    Superusers
    Normally it works right away. This weekend I've seen a few other people with the same issue. Wait till tomorrow and it might kick in. Otherwise give them a call or drop them a mail and they will get it right.
  • singhapatsinghapat Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had brought the product (Speech Camera ) and waiting for two days getting the "in progress" after on 13 Feb 2017 it has change to complete . I have the confirmation email, and invoice. Now I try to update my Tom Tom Go 600 for full day, It does not update. It shows expired.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    Nothing in the 'content' tab? Scroll all the way down to see if there is a camera file to install.

Support:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • javokjavok Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have this problem too. Paid via Paypal to renew my subscription for camera updates but nothing has happened when I connect my device. Got my order confirmation via email but my device has not updated.
  • singhapatsinghapat Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank dhn Elite Vanguard, I Scroll down, it has the files. I installed but on screen still show renew and update speech camera every time.
  • NikhileshNikhilesh Posts: 416
    Staff
    Hello javok,

Welcome to the Community :)

I have picked up this issue from here and a confirmation email has been sent.

Please reply on the same incident incase you have further questions.

Hope this helps !

Regards,
    Nikhilesh
  • Shortlands ShopperShortlands Shopper Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am getting this issue myself and although I still had 2 month camera update subscription on my account, TOm Tom took that feature off my device and left me us a horrible position on a long journey this weeks as they didn't even tell me!
    Superusers
    They don't really remove features on the go. Best to check with their Customer Services, what happened.
  • Shortlands ShopperShortlands Shopper Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    You would indeed think that, I called them today and they made little sense other than I am the first to report this and 2nd tier support changed some settings on my account, no real explanation as to why it happened so far. I then was sent an email that made little sense as I cannot get to this settings bit by right clicking the icon on desktop or start menu. I would have considered myself fairly IT Savvy until I saw these instructions and now I seem a little lost, so will be awaiting their reply to my ticket.:?

If your navigation device is connected to the computer, disconnect it.

Right click the MyDrive Connect icon ( or ) in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then select > Settings.

Select the tab Downloads.

Click Empty download folder.

Click Save settings.

Restart MyDrive Connect.
    Superusers
    You need to start up the MyDrive Connect software, then in the lower right corner, next to the clock (if you use Windows), there is an icon for MyDrive Connect (the two hands in the circle). You need to do a right click on that one.
  • BartdudeBartdude Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I tried to purchase the speed camera update, first try I never got an email confirmation so I checked my purchases and nothing there so I purchased it again, still no email but this time it read two purchases and in progress but no download! That was yesterday evening so I email support, today it only shows my old purchases and still nothing from support? last 2 years I never had any problems.
    Superusers
    Is the mail not in the spam/junk folder by any chance? Also you can show them some sort of statement (CC, PayPal) as a proof.
    Zsolt wrote:
    Is the mail not in the spam/junk folder by any chance? Also you can show them some sort of statement (CC, PayPal) as a proof.

No nothing in junk/spam, only email I had came after I started a ticket to support.
    So further update, 2 payments for £19.99 taken from my bank account but nothing showing on my TomTom account. Think TomTom have a serious problem with purchasing updates/add-on's from there web store! Sent a screen shot from online banking to support see where that goes.
    Superusers
    They will put it right. It might be a faster resolution over the phone.