Tom Tom touch won't pair with iOS app

Crispin HeathCrispin Heath Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 28 in TomTom Touch
Hi,

Having previously been paired with the app on my iPhone 6S it no longer pairs. I have gone through the pairing process again and got a new passcode on the device but when I try and uss the password in the app it says passcode not recognised.

I have tried deleting the app and then reinstalling from iCloud and that still hasn't worked.

Any ideas?????

Cheers

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,188 [Superusers]
    Hi,

Having previously been paired with the app on my iPhone 6S it no longer pairs. I have gone through the pairing process again and got a new passcode on the device but when I try and uss the password in the app it says passcode not recognised.

I have tried deleting the app and then reinstalling from iCloud and that still hasn't worked.

Any ideas?????

Cheers

When you want to pair the watch again you need to first have the phone forget the watch under its BT menu. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Crispin HeathCrispin Heath Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OK cool let me try that
  • Crispin HeathCrispin Heath Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Brilliant that worked. Thanks alot that's superb.
  • StarrChild42StarrChild42 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have tried all these steps and I still cannot get my TomTom Touch to pair with my iPhone. I forgot the device in Bluetooth. I uninstalled the app. I reinstalled the app. I attempt to pair the device and it just spins on the connecting screen but never connects.
  • Lemony SnicketsLemony Snickets Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'm having the same problem. I even tried loading the app on Android and the same happens
  • danmarshmandanmarshman Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a similar problem since an upgrade on the watch
    I have to disconnect Bluetooth from my itouch by forgetting the device then repair it every single time I want to upload from watch to itouch. Otherwise the itouch tells me Im connected whilst my watch is still looking for the device
    This didn't used to happen and means that what was once an automatic process is now a hassle every time,