Built in device-Peugeot NAC navi update — TomTom Community

Built in device-Peugeot NAC navi update

anst30anst30 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 31 in Built in car navigation
Hello,

I bought a new Peugeot 3008 with the NAC navi build in system with TomTom.

Is there a possibility to update the navigation by myself? is there step by step guidance how to do it? (peugeot says there is a lifetime update for free)

for now nobody can explain how to do it and i can't find any info on your pages about it as well.

the only possiblility is to update it through the dealership, but this is not free and not practical.

Comments

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,006 Superusers
    I might be wrong, but these new models come with the Renault R-Link nowadays. So Google "Renault R-Link" and that shall help you out.
  • anst30anst30 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    what i could found out is that Renault uses r-link store to update navi. in our country they have a designated web page. I can't find a way to update via tomtom site
  • imfrombelgiumimfrombelgium Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Good morning all,

same for me, I have a Peugeot 3008 SUV (2017) with Peugeot Connect Nav (NAC) with TomTom maps.
    According to Peugeot the first 3 years you get free map updates, but nobody within Peugeot has a clue how it (should) work(s).

On the TomTom website there is really no info about above navigation system nor updates.

Above replies about "Renault R-Link" do not make sense as Renault does not belong to the PSA Group.

Can someone please assist, if not TomTom users, can the moderator please forward this request to TomTom ?

Thanks in advance !
    Thanks for your reply Zsolt, much appreciated.

That's all true what's written in the press release.
    But the question is where to get the updates and how to do it ?

Any other channels I can use to get this sorted out ?

Thanks again !
    It mentions NavKit, in which case usually MyDrive Connect is required for the updates. How it is done though, can't tell. This is for the Smart, but wouldn't be surprised if it is similar:

http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/in-dash-navigation/getstarted/smart/
  • capersstroudcapersstroud Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I bought a New Citroën C4 Picasso back in November - also part of PSA Group & also with the same Entertainment & SatNav. My TomTom maps are dates April 2016 and I need a firmware update. I also didn't have the Danger Areas activated.

My dealer has no idea on how to update either - they only know how to do the old system (Navteq / Here / SMEG). After quite a few hopeless phone calls PSA Customer Care (each time they put me through to NAVTEQ), I wrote to the MD of PSA UK. Since then I have had the head of Customer Care monitoring the case, my car into the dealer 4 times, each without success - apart from the last visit 2 weeks when they finally worked out how to activate the Danger Areas (done by them online so didn't need the car taking into the garage).

According to the instruction book for the car entertainment system, map updates can be obtained online from PSA, but doesn't say where. The only links on the MyCitroen web are to NAVTEQ, where selecting the car model takes me back to the MyCitroen web site.

Apparently the C4 Product Manager also doesn't know how to get the updates, and I've seen posts from Poland and The Netherlands from customers who are in the same situation.

As the model launched last summer, I find it rather amateur of PSA not to have worked out how to do the updates.
    "simply connect your smart Media-System SD card to your computer".

The Peugot/Citroën systems do not have a SD card. Updates are either done over the air (via a wifi or phone internet connection) or maybe put onto a USB stick, plugged into the car USB prot. But who knows - certainly not PSA!
  • Mick123456Mick123456 Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi I have a Citroen C4 Grand PIcasso that I would like to get the Danger Areas ( speed cams ) working do you know how it was done by the dealer?

Many thanks

Mick
    They have to activate it on their system. When they go to activate the Traffic, they have an option activate Traffic and Speedcams. Allthough you get 3 years worth of Traffic status included in the cost of the car, there is a charge for the Speedcam option - I think it's about £60 for 3 years worth of it. I think it's worth the cost and even tells you your average speed when you're within an 'Average Speed' speedcam zone. For this yhey will probably print off another long contract to sign (partly because there's also a 'report camera' button on the navigation screen that will send your details back to TomTom).

If your dealer has problems working out how to do it, let me know and I can tell you my dealers details so they can chat to each other.
    Hi
    Many thanks for quick reply I have been in touch with 2 local dealers and both didnt know how to do it...so could you give me your dealers name and phone number and I will give them a call.

Really appreciate your help

Thank you

Mick
    Hi Zsolt, thanks for digging into this. But all those links are for different systems. The Peugeot 3008 SUV has a new system Connect Nav (NAC) with TomTom maps. So for now, no useful info to find, not on Peugeot side not on TomTom side.
    Dont know if I sent this correctly b4 but will try again

Hi Capersstroud
    Many thanks for quick reply I have been in touch with 2 local dealers and both didnt know how to do it...so could you give me your dealers name and phone number and I will give them a call.

Really appreciate your help

Thank you

Mick
  • Maciej07Maciej07 Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi, they should take all updates from ServiceBox from place in attachment.
    It should appears also in MyPeugeot portal, but when-I don't know, maybe this or next month.
    Regards
    Many thanks
    Hi Maciej07, what is the latest version ? I still have version 966.7352-prod (2016-04-13), it's 1 year old and should be 4 free updates a year.
  • Maciej07Maciej07 Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi,
    Version of maps you should check from navigation options, then options and cartography. At the and of version name you see 1.0.0 or 2.0.0 or 3.0.1.
    Look on message from French forum:
    Link:
    http://www.forum-auto.com/marques/Peugeot/sujet101825-140.htm

nouvelle version du NAC version_21-05-65-32_NAC-R0_NAC​_EUR_WAVE2

https://majestic.mpsa.com/mjf0​0-web/rest/UpdateDownload?upda​tePath=/users90/mjb00/NAC_EU/C​ONTINENTAL/ovip-int-firmware-v​ersion/PSA_ovip-int-firmware-v​ersion_21-05-65-32_NAC-R0_NAC_​EUR_WAVE2.tar

Je n'ai pas testé pour ma part... et ne sais pas les nouveautés...

Et j'ai trouvé ceci aussi pour cartographie mais pas encore testé. Le lien est là en tout cas mais presque 8Go ;-)

http://download.tomtom.com/OEM​/PSA/P3CNS/PSA_map-eur_3.0.1-N​AC_EUR_WAVE2.tar

Bien à vous
  • David ADavid A Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Picked up a new 3008 suv gt line 3 days ago and found out that the tomtom traffic was not activated so I contacted the dealer (Robins and Day- Preston) and spoke to the sales man who said that he would investigate and get back to me. Soon afterwards I received a phone call from him advising that i was correct and the dealer had to activate it and it would take approx 30 mins to do. I immediately took the car back and had to sign a 3 year contract accepting the terms and conditions (no cost) and with in 10 mins was on my way home with traffic activated.

On the sat nav screen TMC has been replaced by tomtom traffic, the speed camera database is not yet available in the uk (so I was told) and when it is it will appear in my own peugeot online account that you have to create at mypeugeot.co.uk
    The speed camera database is available in the UK. The dealer should have chosen the option Connect Nav + Danger Zones (or something like that) instead of just Connect Nav - a different contract that you need to pay a small annual fee for.
  • David ADavid A Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Been back in to dealer today and have had speed cameras activated on the car but is very expensive - £65 for 1 year and £139 for 3 years
  • alfredoFALKalfredoFALK Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Hi, just bought a C4 GP FEEL from Nov.2016. It has this satnav system. I have done all the steps you recommend re. French MyCitroen site, logged in and got my three files plus User manual.
    I have my USB stick ready to go and trry the upgrade. Only one comment: all the documents are Peugeot not Citroen. I know they are both part of PSA but it could make problems when uploading. I shall try since my VIN appeared on the MyCitroen website in France. What does OVS portal stand for? The dealer has to activate the software on the OVS Portal according to CITROEN FRANCE.
    I visited my dealer today and he had same reaction as you all reported: it is a new system I don't have any idea how it works!!??
    The 3 files are
    1. license
    2. Firmware update
    3. Map update
    After unzipping everything the USB should look like this
    (see attachement)
    the USB stick and update files and the system recognised the update. It displayed the screen asking to update (Yes or No). I said No because of the warranty and because I have written to the original dealer asking if the activation was done or not. He didn't know what I was talking about!!!
  • MorbidMorbid Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just go to my peugeot ... there you can go to your car and select mapcare.
    Download and use in the car. Did not try it yet since engine has to run for 30 mins.
  • MorbidMorbid Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Map update peugeot is different.
  • mallchinmallchin Posts: 10 [Outstanding Explorer]
    they finally worked out how to activate the Danger Areas

Are you in the UK? Can you send a photo showing what this looks like activated?

I'm having the same trouble getting mine activated -- I am told it is but it doesn't seem to do anything.