Improvements or wishlist for VIO

audiojraudiojr Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
edited January 11 in TomTom VIO
Hi everybody, I'm new in this forum!!
I've recently bought the Vio product and I have some questions:

-First of all, I have some connectivity problems with my iphone 6 with IOS 10.2.1. I hope this will be fixed with a newer firmware...

-The other important thing for me is to know if it's possible (now or in a near future) to have the "map orientation view" even if there's no route planned? Is very useful to have this. Believe me, in my case it doesn't matter where the real North is. I prefer to have a "sense of driving view".

Is somebody agree with me? Or somebody can tell me if this possibility is available now?

Many thanks from Spain!!

Comments

• PantheonPantheon Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    If you tap the vio screen on the map it scrolls through more of an overview, north, & orientation
  • PantheonPantheon Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I also have the intermittent connection problem with my iPhone 6s although it is a known issue with a whole unique thread on this forum
  • audiojraudiojr Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks Pantheon, but al least in my case I can change between north or orientation wiew only if I have a route planned. If there's not a route planned, tapping the screen only have changes between three zoom views but always in north view.
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 [Retired Community Staff Employee]
    Hi all,

As mentioned elsewhere, we haven't been able to reproduce the connectivity issue since the release on iOS 10.2 and VIO app v1.2.0. If you're still experiencing this issue on these versions, please report it to Customer Service for further investigation. We're getting very few reports of this issue since the mentioned releases and would need more information about the situations in which it still may happen.

Cheers, Mikko
    Thanks Mikkok.

Do you have something to comment about my other "orientation map question"? Remember, I would have orientation view when no route is planned. Is this possible now or in the future?
    Hi audiojr,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you'd like to achieve. For more information about the device screen, please see here and map view on the app here [user manual].

Can you describe your use case for improving these, please?

Thanks, Mikko
    Sorry for my english, I'll try to explain with other words.

As you now, when a route is planned, you can change the Vio device screen between Guidance view and map view to obtain your direction you are travelling is always at the top.

Well, here is my question: Can you obtain this view (always your direction on top) if you haven't a route planned like other Tomtom devices?

Many thanks.
    Hi audiojr,

Thanks for the clarification!

Once you've connected your VIO with the app, the device shows a map enabling you to plan your route. For the map to scroll according to your direction of travel a route needs to be planned as the cues for the scrolling are related to the route. In short, the map view on the device is for planning a route and while you can follow your position in it without a route planned the map will stay in North up view.

Cheers, Mikko
    Ok, many thanks.

In this case, take my question as something to add to a hypothetical VIO wishlist.

Thanks again!!!
  • Fubar66Fubar66 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Another thumbs-up for this feature!!