New software v16.601 available for download in MyDrive Connect

Comments

• robhagrobhag Posts: 13 [Novice Seeker]
    Let's hope they fixit soon!
  • Glenn EGlenn E Posts: 9 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Mikko,
    Thanks for clarifying that, hope it is all fixed soon for all of us.
    Hello Mikko any further on our problems with the Rider 400? Really need to know some sort of a time line for fixing our crashing problem?
  • simonr23simonr23 Posts: 5 [New Traveler]
    i'm having the same problems as other are reporting. I had a map and firmware/software update last weekend. since then the device freezes, loses the map and reboots itself. sometimes it works for a while, others it stays frozen. seems to be more frequent when on 3d view. very annoying.
    More and more are reporting the same issue obviously TOMTOM need to look at very seriously
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi all,

We've identified a problem with the v985 Australia map for Rider 400/40 causing freezing and crashing for some users. If you're experiencing this and have the map installed, please contact Customer Service. As a workaround while we work on a fix they can provide you with another map so that you can use your device while we work on fixing the issue.

If you experience anything similar with another map, please post here so that we can help you further.

Cheers, Mikko
    Hello Mikko and Co
    Just loaded the Oceana map set and had to delete the current Aussie and NZ maps to get my device working again. I currently have it on simulated routes and so far has not crashed. Thank you and your colleagues for the workaround. I now have a working TOMTOM Rider. In the future I will not be so quick to upload the new maps, I'd rather wait and see if anyone else experiences problems. But thank you anyway.
    Hi Rob,

I'm glad to hear it's working again! And thanks for coming back to confirm :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • basixbasix Posts: 480 Superuser
    My device tends to become slower and slower and restarts by itself (greyed out world map as if booting after a power off/on cycle) quite frequently since a week or so. After a drumroll reset, it works ok, but the issue comes back after a few days. I don't power off every day, but the rider is used 5-6 days a week.

I am not a TomTom employee. Don't send me private messages.
    Hi basix,

We've received some similar feedback regard performance since the last software update. We're working hard to find a solution to this as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, I'd recommend you to factory reset your device by choosing Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data and trip statistics. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive. Disabling destination prediction could also help.

I'll post back here as soon as I have news about this issue.

Cheers, Mikko
    Thank you Mikko,

I don't have destination prediction enabled. I have some recorded tracks that I cannot export due to a similar spontaneous self-reset during the recording (from a few months ago). Those will also be gone if I perform a factory reset, I'd rather keep those tracks, so I'm waiting for that to be resolved first.

Hi basix,

I understand. I'm afraid meanwhile you'll need to keep resetting your device or perhaps turn it completely off sometimes.

I hope we can find a solution to this quickly!

Cheers, Mikko
  • CL400CL400 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi,
    I have TTR400 Europe. Exact same problems (device freezing, rebooting, slow) after the update to 16.601.
    Connected to Android phone and Interphone F4 headset.
    I did reset (via menu/cog wheel) => went well for a couple of days, although it never could connect to phone and/or headset after waking up from standby. Rebooting the device takes at least a couple of minutes and after 5-10 minutes freezes again. It isn't really a systematic, and sometimes it doesn't freeze for 1 hour.
    I did a factory restore (recovery: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898/related/1) but that didn't revert me back to a previous version of the software. Still the latest version of software and maps (although I deleted the local cache of MyDriveConnect). This also didn't delete any personal data, settings, connections, etc. How could I force returning back to previous state/firmware version?
    Thanks.
    To answer your question - you can't revert to a previous firmware.

Try turning off the bluetooth on your phone and see if it still happens. In my experience, a bad connection to the tomtom live network services seems to cause the trouble. Do you perhaps have mydrive installed on your phone and did you send a destination or a route/track to your device? Or did you load custom points of interest via the mydrive's web interface?

Hi Basix,
    Thanks for your comment. I have indeed installed MyDrive on the phone, but had not sent anything lately from the phone, however, auto-sync with Mydrive is always on. The bluetooth connection seems quite unstable. As I just reset the device yesterday it will probably take a few more days before the problems start reappearing. Today I sent a route and a POI via Mydrive to the device and went off for 2 hours drive. It went all fine, although it didn't reconnect the phone at all after standby (had to do it manually).
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    Something I had never seen on my Rider: Suddenly I had no voice instructions, and the route bar disappeared. The instruction & the speed panel should be disappeared too, but I can't remember for sure.

The map was working ok.

It happened sometime after a sleep...
    Hi Ste7ios,

Thanks for reporting this!

Was this a temporary glitch or are you still seeing this? Did you reset your device already?

If you're still experiencing this, please start a new topic about this issue so that we can have a better look at it.

Thanks, Mikko
    Turning off & on the device solved the problem....
    Hi Ste7ios,

I'm glad to hear that! :D

Cheers, Mikko
    I'm afraid all that problems make Rider 400 an expensive toy and not a tool... They must be fixed soon. Reliability must be your #1, as ease of use without sacrificing functionality, features...
    I said the UI was snappier at first, but after 2 months it seems the same old slow dog again. As I seem to have lost my 'corrupt recorded tracks', I'm guessing this software update did some kind of a factory reset as post processing.. Not happy :(

After some further testing it appears that whenever a phone is connected the device freezes after a while. Even after a soft/hard reset the behaviour is quickly back to the same situation. I disconnected the phone for some time and it never got stuck again. Unfortunately this is not the ideal situation as live services are not available and that is exactly what makes this device so interesting.
    Hope this gets quickly resolved.
    Regards.
    Hi CL400,

I'd recommend you to remove the pairings from your Rider and phone, reset both and re-pair.

Should this not help you sort this out, please start a new topic about this so that we can better help you.

Cheers, Mikko
    Yesterday it was impossible to answer a call because it couldn't keep a stable connection with the headset and the phone during phone ringing. It was in a loop of disconnections & reconnections...
  • eldawidoeldawido Posts: 206 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    The loop of disconnections & reconnections I'm getting from the very begining. Probably the sentence how your pair navi-phone-intercom matters.