Confusion, two different email addresses..? — TomTom Community

Confusion, two different email addresses..?

pendragonpendragon Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
'My Drive Connect' I have one email address, and no problem logging in.
On my device 'GO 500' there is another email address, and likewise I can enter my password and log in.
However, my device does not sync with my maps on 'My Drive'. (obviously)
One of the email addresses is one I used for an older device, but when I connected my newer Go 500, I was asked to login in, and I got a message saying 'that email address in currently in use'. So I had to use another email address, in order to update maps and such.
Also, I have tried to swap email addresses in the account settings, but I get the message again 'this email address in currently in use'

I suppose my question is: How can I get 'My Drive' and my 'Go 500' singing from the same hymn sheet again..?

Regards.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,345
    Superusers
    Call support to assist with the appropriate email addresses:

Ireland
    1890 812 008
    Monday-Friday: 09:00 am to 5:00 pm
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi pendragon,

Welcome to the Community!

I understand that this can be a bit confusing. Let me try and explain.

To use your device full you need to login in three places: In MyDrive Connect [user manual] for updating your device, in the TomTom Service menu on your device to connect to TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras [user manual], as well as to MyDrive for syncing your My Places.

The logins you use for MyDrive Connect and TomTom Traffic and Speed Cameras need to be the same as your services are assigned to your device using these logins allowing you to get updates through MyDrive Connect as well as through the TomTom Services directly to your device. The MyDrive logins can be different, if you wish. You can also use them to log into mydrive.tomtom.com to plan and sync routes.

To change the logins on your device you need to factory reset your device by choosing Settings (cog wheel) - System - Reset - Reset. Please note, that this will delete your personal information, e.g. My Places and destination prediction data. You can save and restore My Places with MyDrive.

I hope this helps :D Please, post back here if you have further questions.

Cheers, Mikko